FYI: Samsung plans an event 'around health' for May 28th

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung plans an event 'around health' for May 28th
Health. It's the new smartphone -- or the current best excuse to buy a fancy new wearable. And apparently, Samsung isn't done with merely the Gear Fit and a (possibly unused) S Health app. We just received an invite to SF-based event on May 28th, where the company is planning a "new conversation around health". That' means it's scheduled just before Apple's annual WWDC, where it's expected to show off a health-centered refresh to its product family. Our invite came from Samsung's Strategy and Innovation arm so it could be about well, anything, rather than, say, Fit Version 2. (The original Galaxy Gear was kicking around for less than six months before the company wheeled out a sequel, so who knows). We'll be there and we'll tell you more when we hear it.

I hope Samsung closes all the open problems in apps and hardware that uses them. Innovation is fine, but problem skeletons must be cleared out of the closet before you taint the attempt at success.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope Samsung closes all the open problems in apps and hardware that uses them. Innovation is fine, but problem skeletons must be cleared out of the closet before you taint the attempt at success.

What does that bolded phrase mean? NO mfgr is free of problems, so what's with all the finger pointing at Samsung? Products with or without software are going to have problems. Look at GM's ignition switch problem, for example. Things aren't perfect and 100 years from now things still won't be perfect. Sure, some brands or models are better than others, but then again even Rolls Royces can break down. That's life.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The reason I said this was because Samsung had been quoted a year ago putting technology to market before it was ready because of fear that the competition was going to first?.... and even in the Apple iPhone & Samsung court debacle it was noted in transcripts as being a Samsung SOP when bring new products to market. I am stating a "Given" in that no product is error or problem free.... it's only the ones that Samsung knows about in their "Skeleton Closet" that I am concerned about and made a point about Dave?,
and Yes even Rolls Royces break down as rarely as it is but never from a well known and documented problem they have known for a time?.... as Rolls Royce has their reputation to keep as high in quality as possible.:-!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Rolls extracts a pretty penny for their products. So does apple. Apple products are provably not fault - free. Samsung products are generally functional and affordable. They seemed to be in domination mode and in order to be in that mode they must be appealing to a large enough segment of the buying public

Note 2 & Gear 2

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
and it's a dangerous precipice for both the manufacture such as Samsung and the user such as us when we buy a product to not have a high rate of problems, I had same problem when I had the first Sony smartwatch until "I?" the user figured out all it's quirks in order to use it reliably of which I did!, most people who buy electronics just want it to WORK! no issues or problems and why Apple with iPhone did so well because they simplified it and heavy restrictions on what the user could do.... Android or Tizen is not this way on restrictions so invites many issues because of it.
I am more concerned on issues and quirks that Samsung "KNOWS?" about when releasing a device to the mainstream of public use as only BETA devices usually are for this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38