Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default found a cool app: LaunchGear

Despite some iffy reviews it works FINE on my Gear 2. Now I can start Pandora from the watch, or S Voice on the phone, for example. Only thing I have to do when adding apps to the LaunchGear app on watch is to restart the watch. I haven't found any other issues with the app.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Default Re: found a cool app: LaunchGear

I downloaded AppLauncher, and it sometimes will unlock the phone screen to use Google voice commands, but not always or maybe not at all anymore. Does LaunchGear unlock the screen or just wake the phone? (Btw, I just have swipe unlock, no pin or password)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    I downloaded AppLauncher, and it sometimes will unlock the phone screen to use Google voice commands, but not always or maybe not at all anymore. Does LaunchGear unlock the screen or just wake the phone? (Btw, I just have swipe unlock, no pin or password)

It doesn't turn on the screen; just opens the app (like Pandora, which begins playing music in a few moments, which is very cool).

I don't use a PIN or swipe. I use my phone too much to mess with those annoyances. My phone is either in my hand or my pocket, so I'm not worried about losing it, as I never lay it down absentmindedly when I'm away from home.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    Thanked by:

I have yet to get it to work without locking up Gear2... I will wait until these things get worked out., but it looks interesting...