Just Found this forum and I need help desperately

Bigzo66

Sep 30, 2023
Visit site
First off I’m so glad I’ve found this forum, hopefully you guys can help me. First post joined today. I’ve been on youtube looking for helpful videos but haven’t found any. Here‘s my problem. I have a Galaxy S22 ultra for about a year now and love the phone but thinking about getting the Galaxy fold soon. I had a Samsung watch about 2 yrs old that worked flawlessly with my phone but seemed small on my arm but recently started overheating and burning my arm. I went on Facebook Marketplace and bought a Samsung Gear S sm r750 watch which has a huge rectangular screen that I love. So here’s the problem, when I tried to connect the watch my phone gave me a message that as of 2021 newer Samsung phones will not support the older watches. Is there a way I can get around this and connect this watch and phone? if so please explain it to me like a 3 year old cause I’m not the most tech savvy person at all.. thank everyone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I'm going put this in the Samsung s22 Forum to see if you can get better help there with this watch

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
First off I’m so glad I’ve found this forum, hopefully you guys can help me. First post joined today. I’ve been on youtube looking for helpful videos but haven’t found any. Here‘s my problem. I have a Galaxy S22 ultra for about a year now and love the phone but thinking about getting the Galaxy fold soon. I had a Samsung watch about 2 yrs old that worked flawlessly with my phone but seemed small on my arm but recently started overheating and burning my arm. I went on Facebook Marketplace and bought a Samsung Gear S sm r750 watch which has a huge rectangular screen that I love. So here’s the problem, when I tried to connect the watch my phone gave me a message that as of 2021 newer Samsung phones will not support the older watches. Is there a way I can get around this and connect this watch and phone? if so please explain it to me like a 3 year old cause I’m not the most tech savvy person at all.. thank everyone
Unfortunately, Samsung stopped supporting this watch years ago. If you're on a budget, the Galaxy Watch 4 is probably the best bet. Samsung stopped using Tizen OS on its watches. The Galaxy Watch 3 and Galaxy Active 2 were the last watches released with it. Since then it has switched to Wear OS.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the Galaxy watch DC 15 model SM-R800. It is Tizen OS and is supported on my Samsung S22 without problems.

Maybe try to download app.

"galaxy wearable app" from google play

Contact Samsung?

Last edited:

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Maybe but that old Tizen OS watch the OP has might work using the app I'm using.
It will. But, for how much longer? A year? That is why I recommended the GW4. It is on Android Wear OS, which means there are more apps and watch faces available; and will be supported for the foreseeable future. I expect that within the next year or so, Samsung will stop supporting its Tizen based wearable devices.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The only reason I keep on using my old GW3 is that I found a way to get blood pressure scanning to work on it in the US. I'm afraid I won't be able to do that if I upgrade so I stick with it.