Fleksy Update

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Fleksy has posted an update of their Messenger app, which seems much improved. I was one who only got the blank contacts screen, and I can now use the app. It opens to an Inbox screen, which makes it easy to reply to recent texts. You can see the names of your last nine texted contacts (why nine???), and it also shows the last 10 texts with those people.There is a search function, behind a Compose function (type in the name and hit search), so you don't have to scroll through all your contacts. It still seems to show all numbers for a contact, rather than just mobile numbers, and it doesn't identity which are mobile. But for me it's a huge improvement.

Just FYI: My first attempt to simply update failed, so I unstalled Fleksy, rebooted phone and watch, and install went smoothly after that.

Keith

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Are all of you flesky fans using that app because you don't have good luck using S-voice to transcribe your voice to text? I hate using any kind of keyboard (I'm even getting sick of using a full sized keyboard at my PC) and prefer to use voice. I can speak a prodigious amount of text whereas if I had to type on a phone (or god forbid, my watch) I'd greatly reduce the amount of text I send out.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Are all of you flesky fans using that app because you don't have good luck using S-voice to transcribe your voice to text? I hate using any kind of keyboard (I'm even getting sick of using a full sized keyboard at my PC) and prefer to use voice. I can speak a prodigious amount of text whereas if I had to type on a phone (or god forbid, my watch) I'd greatly reduce the amount of text I send out.

Sometimes, dictating a text through voice isn't practical. You can't be discreet either which is the main advantage of texting. Besides, if you're just going to speak your conversation, wouldn't it be easier and more efficient to just dial the other person?

Posted via Android Central App

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, dictating a text through voice isn't practical. You can't be discreet either which is the main advantage of texting. Besides, if you're just going to speak your conversation, wouldn't it be easier and more efficient to just dial the other person?

Completely agree. Discretion, and if I mis- speak one time, by the time I fix it I could've just text it out. I do use svoice sometimes though.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

there are very few times in my life when I HAVE to text immediately AND am in a situation where I can't dictate. There's nothing "life and death" about my texting so if I can't talk at the moment, IT CAN WAIT. :) I'm not a doctor or other pro who has to text in emergency situations.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had no luck searching for any app using the search function in Samsung Apps( ie. Search for PayPal shows no results, but if I scroll through the apps in Financial, I see it there). In Utilities, under the ALL tab, I show it as number 17. Hope that helps!

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had no luck searching for any app using the search function in Samsung Apps( ie. Search for PayPal shows no results, but if I scroll through the apps in Financial, I see it there). In Utilities, under the ALL tab, I show it as number 17. Hope that helps!

It's amazing how much difference there is from person to person when trying to find apps. I am one who has used the search function several times successfully.

Also, I've got Fleksy as #18 under utilites.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This update makes it 1000 times better. Still needs improvement like hopefully integration into the normal notifications app, and maybe a bit more memory so one can view more of the conversation and more than 9 or 10 conversations, but overall a MUCH needed improvement. Worth every penny...oh wait, it's free! Crazy! :)

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I only have 17 apps in utilities and number 17 is spritz mail app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using AC Forums mobile app

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I only have 17 apps in utilities and number 17 is spritz mail app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using AC Forums mobile app

I show 127 apps under Utilities...but no Spritz mail app... There's been a lot of discussion about people having access to different apps, maybe based on phone model, carrier, physical location, or even height/marital status/hair color/who knows?!?!? But you should have more than 17 apps visible.

As awful as it is to advise, you may have to uninstall/reset the Gear 2 and possibly your phone to get that **** to sync right...

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I show 127 apps under Utilities...but no Spritz mail app... There's been a lot of discussion about people having access to different apps, maybe based on phone model, carrier, physical location, or even height/marital status/hair color/who knows?!?!? But you should have more than 17 apps visible.

As awful as it is to advise, you may have to uninstall/reset the Gear 2 and possibly your phone to get that **** to sync right...
I was really hoping to NOT do that but if I'm missing over 100 apps, I really have no choice.

EDIT: On AT&T, both phones are S5 Actives, in the US.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Under new utilities I have a hundred thirty two apps. Under ALL I have a hundred thirty. Weird

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Under new utilities I have a hundred thirty two apps. Under ALL I have a hundred thirty. Weird

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm looking at 135 under new utilities, and 132 under All.

Also, I'm not seeing Spritz, either.