New Gear Manager today...Gear 1 & Gear 2 WON'T Connect Anymore!!!!!!!

tpyauyeung

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a S4 and Gear 2 Neo which were working fine until the Gear Manager in the S4 updated a few days ago. After the update, the Gear Manager in the S4 crashed immediately upon launching with a message of plug-in failure. Tried reboot but no luck. Uninstalled everything related to the Gear Manager and re-installed the new version of Gear Manager. Crashed again. Found the previous version of Gear Manager on the internet. Installation and pairing were successful for this older version of Gear Manager. Gear 2 Neo reset to factory default. After a few minutes, the Gear Manager update notification came up again. If I reject the update by choosing cancel, the program exit immediately. Now Gear 2 Neo still working but Gear Manager in S4 is not working and stuck at the force to update notification. Many users in various forums, including the review section under Gear Manager in Samsung Galaxy Apps, reported similar problem but Samsung is still lip tight on this issue. Very frustrating!!!!

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it but what a PAIN! it was... I first removed Gear Manager and all associated Tizen apps from my Galaxy Note 2 from the settings then Application Manager, making sure you look everywhere especially for those apps moved to SD card, and make sure you clear the cache when doing so!, second once done with that use an App on smartphone like "Clean Master" to rid all remnants of the old stuff and be aware some of the badly written Tizen apps will leave files on your phone that might later being a problem reinstall on the Gear smartwatch as there is one that stubbornly won't install back for me!
also remove the smartwatch pairing from your phone too so it will once again need to be rediscovered by only the GEAR MANAGER app don't set it up from smartphone Bluetooth settings as you will have to start all over again as I did.... make sure you do a "RESET" in your Tizen smartwatch so it returns to Factory conditions, go to smartwatch settings menu and click on "RESET GEAR"...
OK once you doublecked everything then reset your smartphone and wait for all things to settle in it and proceed to reinstall the Gear Manager app, then when prompted "Connect" your Tizen smartwatch within the GEAR MANAGER app and it will proceed to download and install updates to it.
It starts with "0 of 8" and after what seems forever you will see everything as you had before but don't get too excited as you are not done because you have to reinstall all your Tizen apps, so go to smartphone select purchased on top left of menu and click the "ALL" tab, then be aware for the ones you paid for might ask you to pay again because of a "BUG" in the Samsung Gear Manager app so you will go again thru the process right up to when it ask you for credit card info then hit cancel and return back to the menu of install and click on it and it will now reinstall the app without having to pay for it twice!
DO NOT GO THRU CREDIT CARD INFO AND PAY AGAIN OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO BE CREDITED IF EVER?
Anyway that is how I got everything working on mine without having to do a Hard Reset on my Smartphone?, but you can do that too with same results as many here already have done so it's not a Bad thing just make sure you "BACKUP" everything, I'm just Lazy because I am getting the New Galaxy Note 4 or the Galaxy Edge when it comes out next month and don't want to go thru the hassle.

cezaruitucu

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just received a Gear 2 Neo I purchased off of ebay, dowloaded Gear Manager, but have been unable to finish the setup. It keeps giving me the error message, "Unfortunately, Host Manager has stopped". Tried several times to uninstall the app, restart the phone, and factory reset the Gear.

I was reading the reviews for the latest version of the Gear Manager app and others, like you, are having connectivity issues also. I wonder if the connectivity issues your all experiencing are also preventing me from completing setup.

So frustrating. I'm giving up for the night. So much for taking this on my run tomorrow.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you follow what I did as I had same problem until I figured out what worked look at my previous post... it's going to be a pain but you can fix it also I recommend you take the "Auto Update" to the OFF POSITION on "Galaxy App" settings so it won't update to the Next Filled with Horrors Update! as you will be notified that there is an update but can wait until everyone verifies it is SAFE?

cezaruitucu

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes orange and good for nothing!! Its connecting my S5 and gear 2 but i don't recive any notifications as before the update, only the phone calls emails and some facebook notifications, no whatsapp, viber, tango instagram or others, and today i noticed that even the pictures taken by gear2 are not transfering to the phone as before even i did all the setings...nothing!! I hope they will update this update to make it work as before!!

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the land of Samsung where the customer are the test Guinea Pigs! LOL!, thats the difference between Android or Tizen in this case and IOS Apple technology, You may get it FIRST but usually is not Polished and free from bugs, We shall see if Apple keeps to the same methodology of not releasing things until they are Rock Solid Reliable and what is their reputation.
Apple is not for me as I don't like having a Clone of what the person next to me has?, I like being able to customize it to my liking and personality quirks!, So it is a personal choice of what you want, the latest and the greatest with possibility of imaturity quirks and issues or wait sometimes YEARS before feeling secure issues will be to a minimum.... Notice I said minimum because a Friend of mine got the NEW iPhone 6 Plus and had come over so that I can help him FIX his phone in a Constant Loop and he can't remove the Battery? (Another Quirk!) so I had to try a variety of things before getting it to stop and 5 minutes later same problem so she and I went to Apple and got a replacement iPhone!... so NOTHING IS GUARANTEED TO BE PERFECT? just different levels of it....
So is life for us mere Mortals! LOL!

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have fixed Three so far of the people I know that have problems with Gear and Samsung products in this way... or you could just do a HARD RESET on both Phone and Gear smartwatch?.. that is a choice you guys will have to make I just provided an option different from a HARD RESET?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the land of Samsung where the customer are the test Guinea Pigs! LOL!, thats the difference between Android or Tizen in this case and IOS Apple technology, You may get it FIRST but usually is not Polished and free from bugs, We shall see if Apple keeps to the same methodology of not releasing things until they are Rock Solid Reliable and what is their reputation.
Apple is not for me as I don't like having a Clone of what the person next to me has?, I like being able to customize it to my liking and personality quirks!, So it is a personal choice of what you want, the latest and the greatest with possibility of imaturity quirks and issues or wait sometimes YEARS before feeling secure issues will be to a minimum.... Notice I said minimum because a Friend of mine got the NEW iPhone 6 Plus and had come over so that I can help him FIX his phone in a Constant Loop and he can't remove the Battery? (Another Quirk!) so I had to try a variety of things before getting it to stop and 5 minutes later same problem so she and I went to Apple and got a replacement iPhone!... so NOTHING IS GUARANTEED TO BE PERFECT? just different levels of it....
So is life for us mere Mortals! LOL!

You have GOT to be kidding! Head on over to the Apple support forums and tell me how "perfect" iOS 8 is, and the new hardware, also. Trust me, Apple stuff AND their SW has plenty of problems. And I'm not just talking about antennagate or the iphone camera that took off-color photos. I won't bore anyone with my own issues with various Apple products I purchased in the past until I wised up and gave them the "heave ho". The only current Apple product used in the house (out of about 12 or more) is my wife's aggravating MacBook Pro.

Jacobo Norman

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My Gear manager updated two days ago.
I now have battery isues.
My gear 2 Neo now drayns out the battery in 5 or 6 hours, before it took 36 to 55 hours.
Does anybody have the same problems?
I don't know what to do

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have to be kidding about what?... as in anything stuff happens and depending on user and what he/she does with their device will have different results, for instance at our old location we had a Windows 98 computer of vintage quality used only for monitoring of Test Data and connected to the Internet so that we can remotely monitor results, THAT Windows 98 Memphis computer has never been updated or turned off in over a decade!!, also never has any software added than what it came to us with, People think their tinkering with their devices has nothing to do with their reliability of them?.... Of Course it does!.... I had a friend who loaded so many apps on his device it did not have a smidgen of memory left in it! LOL!
I gave the statistical reality of it otherwise people would not be buying a product as you describe has plenty of problems?, Do they have Problems? YES OF COURSE I MADE THAT CLEAR IN MY POST! Duh?
Everyone uses their device differently and why people have different results, I have my main device and a second device I often use as a Guinea Pig for testing questionable software and has saved me many headaches!, but not everyone does such things, I'm a Test guy have been all my life so it's second nature to me and my chosen field of specialty.
I love Android and likely would never trade it for iOS Apple stuff although I love their hardware... I just want more Freedom with my device than Apple is willing to give it's customers...
But never did I say Apple had no problems or are you kidding with that?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
" We shall see if Apple keeps to the same methodology of not releasing things until they are Rock Solid Reliable and what is their reputation."

Sounds to me like you claimed that Apple only releases things once they are "rock solid reliable". Did you or did you not write that?? (FYI, I quit reading, following that quote and apologize for having earlier and lazily quoted the entire post)

martin_coxy

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Something very similar to this also worked for me..

After a couple of days of limping along with the Gear half working and not using Gear Manager I decided to try my own version of this fix. In brief I:

Deleted Gear Manager
Ran Android Assistant to clear the cache
Unpaired the phone and Gear (I have a feeling this is the critical part)
Reset the watch from the on board setup menu
Rebooted the phone
Downloaded and installed Gear manager
Paired with the watch from within Gear Manager (For no real reason, I also think this may be critical)

...and now it works like a dream.

If it's this easy why isn't Samsung publicising this??

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 2 and have been trying to get my Gear 2 Neo connected with the latest GearManager and it just won't connect, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the gear software, rebooted both the watch and the phone, connected both to computer, verified the latest firmware, and still nothing. All I do get is that my phone and watch connects via Bluetooth, but not the gear manager. It just sits there, and says connecting. Then after about 15 or 20 minutes it says host not responding.. Ugh... I've tried every trick I know, except breaking both devices. Not that I would, but it does test your patience when it doesn't work correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

And if it helps... I didn't have any issues with the last gear manager, just the latest one.
Update to my problem: and all is working now:

1. Uninstalled the Gear Manager.
2. Unpaired connection between phone and Gear2 Neo .
3. Rebooted watch.
4. Paired the watch after the reboot of the watch.
5. Downloaded and installed the new Gear Manager.
6. Upon opening the Gear Manager, it found the paired watch.
7. It automatically took control of the watch and factory reset the watch for me via Bluetooth.
8. It then restated, and reconnected via Bluetooth.
9. Gear Manager finished it's process and updated the watches' firmware.
10. I then rebooted my phone while the watch rebooted again by the gear manager.

Everything is working great and better.

moondoggeh

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Update to my problem: and all is working now:

1. Uninstalled the Gear Manager.
2. Unpaired connection between phone and Gear2 Neo .
3. Rebooted watch.
4. Paired the watch after the reboot of the watch.
5. Downloaded and installed the new Gear Manager.
6. Upon opening the Gear Manager, it found the paired watch.
7. It automatically took control of the watch and factory reset the watch for me via Bluetooth.
8. It then restated, and reconnected via Bluetooth.
9. Gear Manager finished it's process and updated the watches' firmware.
10. I then rebooted my phone while the watch rebooted again by the gear manager.

Everything is working great and better.

When i did all as you wrote, i finally managed to connect it with the new version. i had to update to it because the old one is connecting and all is working except it causes FC's and random disconnects from time to time (wont reconnect automatically for some reason).
Now i get notifications, the gear is connected, but when i try to open the manager it says NO PLUGIN, and throws me back to bluetooth scanning page.

once while messing with all this, i did see in titanium backup that the new version installs some plugin, but i didn't back it up. Anyone willing to share their ?

p.s. i am a note 2 user with 4.4.2 Electron team 5.5 update1 rom

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
seems as people are figuring out you have to clear things out and reinstall things for Gear to work again.... it's disappointing as I don't see why gear Manager was updated anyway?

moondoggeh

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
seems as people are figuring out you have to clear things out and reinstall things for Gear to work again.... it's disappointing as I don't see why gear Manager was updated anyway?

It was updated to support the new BT handset from samsung.... a worthy update imho (NOT) but hey, i had issues with the last version so, i gave this one a shot, and i think it works better, if only someone who is on the latest version also could send me their plugin apk :p

drvazquez

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! I am using my Galaxy S4 with the Gear 2 neo that I bought today... and for using I mean I´ve been all day trying to get a propper connection. I am not very clever for the root things and I am still using jellybean. Do you think that it is a problem?
I´ve tried both ways you guys posted to get connected but none has worked for me.
Thanks!!!

moondoggeh

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys! I am using my Galaxy S4 with the Gear 2 neo that I bought today... and for using I mean I´ve been all day trying to get a propper connection. I am not very clever for the root things and I am still using jellybean. Do you think that it is a problem?
I´ve tried both ways you guys posted to get connected but none has worked for me.
Thanks!!!
in my opinion jellybean was working better for me with Gear 2 neo.

try googling "xda s5 gear manager apk" it will take you to a thread for an older gear manager version. install it, but first uninstall anything related to GEAR in your phone app manager.
i would give you a link but i cant post them yet (10posts or more)