Calibrate running app

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, while we are waiting for the runtastic and/or runkeeper app for the neo (different post) I thought I would compare the distance ran between my runkeeper app and the running app on gear 2 neo today. After finishing 5 miles on runkeeper, the neo said I only ran 4.17 miles... I knew they wouldn't be the same, but this is a rather large difference... Anyone know a way to calibrate the neo to my stride?

Posted via Android Central App

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Haven't seen a way to do it other than just making sure that your profile information is correct. Step counter seems a little low to me as well vs the built in pedometer in the note3

chuckjstone

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
A little off topic, but I wan cycling yesterday and mapmyride had my calorie count way over what the Neo said!

I've been using a heart monitor to track my Calories Burned for about 2 months now. With the standalone HRM my calories burned for a specific work out was 680-740 for the workout. Over the same exact workout I've been getting 140-180 calories burned with the Gear 2 Neo. The first few times during the workout the HRM was registering 50 bpm at multiple instances for a long period (my resting HR is around 68-70). I swapped to wearing it on the bottom of the wrist during a workout, fixed the HRM issue, seems correct now more often then not.

The calorie burn is still the same, which is completely off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa