Gear Fit: Data Sync Issues

Suzanna Marie

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I received my S5 and Gear Fit yesterday. I am having problems getting data from the Gear Fit to S5. On the Gear Fit Manager app I select the settings under S Health and "Transfer Now". I get the message "Data transferred to mobile device" Last night only the calories burned was correct. Data from Pedometer and Running was never updated.

Today I received the update for S Health and nothing is syncing. I have reset both devices, my S5 shows that it is connected, and still no luck. Anyone having the same issue or know of a work around?

Last edited by a moderator:

mpcp7088

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issues and it was driving me crazy. I've managed to get the pedometer to work though, when on the pedometer screen, go to the settings top right corner and select device data to view, you can then pick the gear fit. I haven't tried this for exercises yet, but hopefully the fix is the same for those. I'd still like to get the sleep data onto S Health - probably have to wait for a software update for that to happen.

Uruz86

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering why the pedometer data between my Gear 2 Neo and GS5 were different. Could anyone help me with that? Is one more accurate than the other?

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issues and it was driving me crazy. I've managed to get the pedometer to work though, when on the pedometer screen, go to the settings top right corner and select device data to view, you can then pick the gear fit. I haven't tried this for exercises yet, but hopefully the fix is the same for those. I'd still like to get the sleep data onto S Health - probably have to wait for a software update for that to happen.

Yes! You are right. You have to choose which device info is displayed on your phone. You can leave it displaying the phone's data (because you can use your phone as a pedometer) or you can choose for it to display the Fit's data. Once I switched it to the Fit my steps were there! Thanks for clearing that up because I was perplexed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

schultz84

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I must have the old version of S Health on my Galaxy S4 because when I select the settings button on the top right corner it takes me to a screen to the download the old Gear Manager App not the Gear Fit Manager even though I already have the Gear Fit Manager on my phone. Also in this version of S Health in general settings when I tap on my account is shows the last time it was synced was the exact moment I connected my Gear Fit for the first time. Any time I try to hit sync or hit the device name it crashes it and takes me back to the home screen saying S Health has quit working.

Help?????

Elephant Pyjamas

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Brilliant. Thank you!

Susan Van Abs

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with the syncing. Unfortunately, I had to return the device because even though the S5 was saying I was paired with the Gear Fit, I was not able to bring up the main scree on the Gear Fit. I rebooted, unpaired and re-paired, and nothing. I brought the Gear Fit back to Best Buy and the Samsung rep had the same issue, so sadly I returned it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty