Gear Fit 2 Shortcomings

NineToTheSky

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can see, if you set it to record a specific exercise (rowing, stationery bike, other activity) it won't record the HR. It seems to record only resting HR and HR when you haven't specifically set an activity. Has anyone else found this? If so, it's going straight back, because that is pathetic. If not - am I missing something or doing something wrong? If so, maybe it's me that is pathetic!

NineToTheSky

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have just spoken to Samsung, and they say that it can only record your heart rate when your arm is not moving! That's ridiculous. It's going back.

drprnces

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a few comments regarding the gear fit 2 automatically recording cycling while someone is driving... I am getting a different problem... I can not get the auto cycling to work....I rode 20 miles yesterday and it didn't record any of the cycling unless I pressed the start button...I turned on the GPS and have the cycling set to ON in my S Health app but it still didin't work.

The Samsung website states "It starts when you start. Forget about the start button. The Gear Fit2 automatically recognizes what you’re doing whether you’re running, cycling, working out on the elliptical or a variety of other activities."
However I have since talked to 4 different customer services representatives asking how to set up the gear fit 2 to use the auto cycling and I have been informed that this feature is not available.

Has anyone used auto cycling (auto walking has worked for me) or is Sansumg using False Advertising for this product?

Thank you

masc81

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,
i just got the Fit 2 and i'm struggling to turn off the step counter on my S7.
Now i just want to use the step counter from the Gear Fit 2, but in the combined view it will show the sum of Fit 2 and S7, which then doubles the value.

I read several times that there is pause function, but i can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Sean Gan

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a gear fit 2. I am having trouble with the pedometer - it doesnt always work, and isnt counting the steps as I walk along. Is this normal? How do I fix this?

Cheers

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm sort of assuming if I have both on they are not duplicated. Looking at the figures for each individually, steps logged on the Fit 2 seem to be far lower. I would love to know more about this subject, and I think support is still woeful. I've yet to find any product forums.

Posted via the Android Central App

iAutom8

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi drprnces

I have had auto cycling start when riding my lawn mower :) I don't cycle much any more so can't really speak on the topic. As you said, auto-walking works fine for me also.

iAutom8

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,
i just got the Fit 2 and i'm struggling to turn off the step counter on my S7.
Now i just want to use the step counter from the Gear Fit 2, but in the combined view it will show the sum of Fit 2 and S7, which then doubles the value.

I read several times that there is pause function, but i can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

I have not seen any doubling. It is suppose to figure out the combined amount. As Epwhamilton mentioned, it would be nice to know more about how this works. Also, make sure you have the latest S Health update installed which was updated July 7th.

What would be nice is to see the combined amount on the Fit2.

iAutom8

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone have an issue with the wrist band unhooking. In about 2 weeks, it's happened 3-4 times where the band came undone. I wasn’t doing anything vigorous so the watch didn’t fly of my wrist. It did scare me when I put my arm out of the window while driving and it came undone. This has happened when I brush my wrist against something (not necessarily hard). In the case of driving, it was the window/door frame. There is a YouTube review video that speaks to this and I though before buying that it was probably isolated cases.

I guess until it comes of my wrist I have little to complain about. However, I can see how it could happen and I won’t notice it and loss it! It’s a very light watch.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Happens to me every once in a while. Not particularly at any moments when I might lose it or anything but a little frustrating perhaps.maybe if I was doing contact sports it would be more of an issue

Posted via the Android Central App

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone have an issue with the wrist band unhooking. In about 2 weeks, it's happened 3-4 times where the band came undone. I wasn’t doing anything vigorous so the watch didn’t fly of my wrist. It did scare me when I put my arm out of the window while driving and it came undone. This has happened when I brush my wrist against something (not necessarily hard). In the case of driving, it was the window/door frame. There is a YouTube review video that speaks to this and I though before buying that it was probably isolated cases.

I guess until it comes of my wrist I have little to complain about. However, I can see how it could happen and I won’t notice it and loss it! It’s a very light watch.

You might try googling 'band cuff'. Its a little rubber band type thingy that fits over the end of the band to keep it from unfastening. I gave up on the Fit 2 for other problems, but aside from being a bit fiddly, this worked ok to keep it fastened.

Mrs_H

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered and received (within days) the silicone fastener ring holders from Techion (via Amazon). Ten sets of two in ten different colors. I got it for the Fit2, but it also advertises as fitting Fitbit Flex, Garmin Vivofit, and Gear Fit. I was also having problems with the band coming loose during sleep, probably catching it on clothing or linens. Not a problem since adding the bands.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a gear fit 2. I am having trouble with the pedometer - it doesnt always work, and isnt counting the steps as I walk along. Is this normal? How do I fix this?

Cheers
I thought the same thing. Was getting frustrated. But then I noticed that when i stopped walking it actually recorded it on the Fit and it updated to my phone.

Takes a few minutes to update vs using the phone itself and watching the steps as you walk.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't like that the vibration is weaker then the s2. I wouldn't trust Fit2 to wake me up from deep slumber.

I do love how comfortable it is. I've had the fitbit hr in the past and never wore it much because the heart rate monitor would dig into my wrist. The s2 isn't even this comfortable, s2 always manages to shift in a position that placed the screen part over that wrist bone that sticks out a little (maybe i have bony wrists lol).

going on 21hrs of wear time and it hasn't fallen off or un-clipped. Today i volunteered at my kids Pre-k class, took multiple naps, tried on a few outfits never fell off. weird that it doesn't have that loop like the s2. battery life now is at 66% have it connected via bluetooth with screen at 7, vibration on, wake up gesture on.

I dont use the pedometer. I weight train. My main things are the water intake, sleep monitor, and heart rate monitor.
Taken a few naps today someone mentioned it in another post takes about an hour after waking up for updates, and sure enough an hour after waking up i get the alert. After that i look at s health and it shows how long i was motionless, restless, how long i was a sleep and calories burned. pretty cool.

Wore the fit2 on one arm and the s2 on the other and ran on the treadmill that has a heart rate monitor on it. the fit2 and s2 showed the same rate the treadmill was 3 beats lower.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am also a Fit 2 noob, but DAMN, I am loving this thing.
If you approach the Fit 2 as a full-out smart watch, you might be let down a bit. But hey, it's not that, it's a fitness tracker.
That said, it gets close to a smartwatch with the apps that are available. We just need more apps. :)

Thiso

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
had it for 2 months. Here's my 2 cents.
-stair trackings works at work, sometimes at home. Stairs need to be 3 m high in orde to count. Typically not the case in a regular house...
-auto cycling works everytime when I bike to work. You need to be biking for 10 minutes and then it will vibrate and start showing immediately the 10 minutes of biking. When stopping for a red light, it will stop the auto biking and give a summary. Next 10 minutes it will start again. I have a trafic light within the first 10 minutes of biking. When I have to stop, that mileage is lost.
-auto walking during law mowing works for me. Unless I stop to long to empty it. When walking with the baby carriage, it will count as cycling since my hands to similar movement. Perhaps I should tie it around my ankle in that case.
-what I miss the most: more apps... seems like some are coming, like all in one app and navigation...

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
had it for 2 months. Here's my 2 cents.
-stair trackings works at work, sometimes at home. Stairs need to be 3 m high in orde to count. Typically not the case in a regular house...
-auto cycling works everytime when I bike to work. You need to be biking for 10 minutes and then it will vibrate and start showing immediately the 10 minutes of biking. When stopping for a red light, it will stop the auto biking and give a summary. Next 10 minutes it will start again. I have a trafic light within the first 10 minutes of biking. When I have to stop, that mileage is lost.
-auto walking during law mowing works for me. Unless I stop to long to empty it. When walking with the baby carriage, it will count as cycling since my hands to similar movement. Perhaps I should tie it around my ankle in that case.
-what I miss the most: more apps... seems like some are coming, like all in one app and navigation...

Good feedback.

Agreed on the apps. We need more, and more watch faces too!

sturnerhall

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had my gear fit for just over a week now and am disappointed with the step counter. I kept thinking the gearfit 2 was way underestimating my total steps after comparing my steps to my husband's garmin and to my fitbit (worn at the same time). Last night I started experimenting and found something interesting - the gear fit 2 is NOT recording any steps that I take for short distances of less than 15 steps. 15 steps seems to be the magic number and once I walk 15 steps in a row they get added to my total and the total increases from there. If I walk 5-10 steps and stop, even briefly, those steps are never added. My gearfit doesn't seem to be sensitive to whether I'm swinging my arms or not, so I don't think it is that. I noticed yesterday I only had accumulated 20 steps in about 15 minutes of housework that had me stopping and starting, yet moving almost continuously. Are others noticing this, or is it just mine that is wonky?

lw179694

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with my Gear Fit 2. I've noticed that the pedometer is WAY off. I installed a new watch face from the galaxy store and it shows my steps and miles. As soon as I put the watch on and start moving around the house it quickly jumps up to hundreds of steps when I know I haven't walked nearly that much. It could just be the watch face I have but it reads incredibly high too. Right now I am at 4,695 steps and 3,807 mi TODAY. There is no way this thing is accurate! Anyone else having the same issues here like we are?

I am using the "JSD Carbon Blue Miles 12hr Gear Fit2 Watchface" by the way. Love the way it looks but its just not accurate at all! :'(

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had my gear fit for just over a week now and am disappointed with the step counter. I kept thinking the gearfit 2 was way underestimating my total steps after comparing my steps to my husband's garmin and to my fitbit (worn at the same time). Last night I started experimenting and found something interesting - the gear fit 2 is NOT recording any steps that I take for short distances of less than 15 steps. 15 steps seems to be the magic number and once I walk 15 steps in a row they get added to my total and the total increases from there. If I walk 5-10 steps and stop, even briefly, those steps are never added. My gearfit doesn't seem to be sensitive to whether I'm swinging my arms or not, so I don't think it is that. I noticed yesterday I only had accumulated 20 steps in about 15 minutes of housework that had me stopping and starting, yet moving almost continuously. Are others noticing this, or is it just mine that is wonky?

I just checked my new Fit 2.

Ditto.

It seems to ignore steps that are less than 15 in sequence. I even tried taking 3 steps, pausing, taking 3 more, pausing, and repeating. I can take dozens of steps in this manner and none of them will record. Then, I walk more than 15 in a row and boom, recorded.

Not sure this will matter much to me. It might be difficult for a device to determine the difference between standing around, moving a bit from one side to another, and walking around. I'll have to check the pedometer on my Note 7. I wonder if that records every "step".

**Update** Just checked again, and it appears that 8 might be the magic number a lot of the time. When pausing, it likes to see 8 steps sometimes. Sometimes shorter if the pause is not long. Interesting.

Does anyone here know exactly how the Fit 2 pedometer works?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74