Gear Fit 2 vs Gear S3

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Any reasons to choose a Gear Fit 3 over a Gear S3? I'm not a workout enthusiast and don't run marathons so don't really care about the fitness stuff, but as a smartwatch, how's the Gear Fit 2 compare?

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am not that fitness enthusiast as well, but it's not that I don't care at all. I'd say 70:30 in favor of smart vs. fitness functionality, and for me it's great, I need notifications and I get those almost perfectly done (I was fan of original gear fit too). Battery is 2-3 days of real usage. S3 is better, but I think not that much as the price in difference is...

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am not that fitness enthusiast as well, but it's not that I don't care at all. I'd say 70:30 in favor of smart vs. fitness functionality, and for me it's great, I need notifications and I get those almost perfectly done (I was fan of original gear fit too). Battery is 2-3 days of real usage. S3 is better, but I think not that much as the price in difference is...

Cool thx. I just watched a review that mentioned problems with the Gear Fit 3's band. That will probably keep me away.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have both the s3 is a real smart watch that is my every day watch and I use the fit2 as my sleep tracker every night. Really can't compare to each other S3 is what I call a smart watch the fit2 is a fitness tracker the s3 does both and does it well.

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Cool thx. I just watched a review that mentioned problems with the Gear Fit 3's band. That will probably keep me away.

These problem are not so bad, I've experienced then, but like once per week, at it never fell off my hand. Anyhow, I've ordered replacement band with stronger attaching mechanism....
And, ofc, if you go to S3, you won't make mistake for sure, but gf2 (it's 2 not 3 :) )is good product for the price as well...

h1a8

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have both the s3 is a real smart watch that is my every day watch and I use the fit2 as my sleep tracker every night. Really can't compare to each other S3 is what I call a smart watch the fit2 is a fitness tracker the s3 does both and does it well.

What ALL does the s3 do that the fit2 can't?

ccomley

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Fit-2 is my first smart watch, and frankly, it does everything I think I could want (except NFC payments).

I don't like the large watch faces of either current "trad" watches or most smart watches. The size of the F2 is just about right for me. I can see incoming emails, text, etc., and - gasp - tell the time!

I realise I may be missing on other functionality taht the "full on" Gear offers, but I guess you don't miss what oyu never had. And from reading the adverts and reviews, none of the things I don't have make me want to rush out and upgrade.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
i had the Fit2 and loved it to start with. however, I started to find the there were several intolerable things. Firstly, the step algorithms seemed atrocious as well as the method to load music onto the watch was terrible and of course the lack of app support on Tizan just is too much of a handicap. I'd love to give samsung my money for the Gear S3 but I've cancelled my Amazon order TWICE now after getting cold feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non