Connectivity issue

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I know this has been discussed, but I can't find it.

I have Auto Forwarding & Remote connection checked on my Cell and my Gear S. In the remote connect window it shows my Gear S number.

1) When Bluetooth is on, the phone & Gear S rings at the same time, if I don't answer, then it goes to my phones voicemail.

2) When Bluetooth is off & Remotely Connected, after a few seconds, the Auto Forwarding box pops. If I don't answer my phone (after 6 rings) then Gear S starts ringing, if I don't answer the Gear S, it goes to Gear S voicemail.

For number 2:
- Why does it ring to the phone for so long? and
- Why is it going to the Gear S Voicemail.

What am I doing wrong?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You have done nothing wrong. That is how it is designed to work. It is using a conditional forwarding which replaces your phone's voice mail number with your Gear S number. So, if you don't answer your phone, it get forwarded to your Gear S number. If you don't answer your Gear S, if goes into your Gear S voice mail. I know a lot of owners wish Samsung used an immediate forwarding instead of conditional forwarding. But I guess Samsung wants you to be able to still pick up phone calls from your phone as well.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
But I guess Samsung wants you to be able to still pick up phone calls from your phone as well.

Which I think is stupid. They should allow the option four immediate forward. I don't like having to manually set that knowing I'm going to be away from my phone. The remote connect has been much approved since the last update. This is my only gripe

Posted via the Android Central App