Out of stock?

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have mine, and had it since the day before launch, but I was poking around online today and see they are unavailable at all ATT stores near me! And nothing at Best Buy! Did they sell out right away? What's the deal - I've been out of the loop for a while.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it matters where you are and how many the stores around you thought they could sell. I've had mine since Black Friday and have not yet come across another person wearing one before or after that day. Not even one of the sales reps in Verizon stores.

Not many people want a watch that large. To others it's too expensive or a useless accessory. To still a select few, it's just Samsung's latest attempt. They know there will be a new version released right after the iwatch is released. The last group is the smartest of them all. Samsung releases way to many products and then complains that they aren't selling well.

Give people the chance to buy a product that won't be outdated in a month because the company that made it can't release a product and then make it better by upgrading what's there or at least upgrade on a yearly cycle if a whole new product is a must.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Got mine release day from my friend who is a manager at Verizon. I contacted him for it and he said their store only received one in so he is glad I contacted him so he could hold it for me.

He got himself one black Friday and loves it and I am sure most did after the price drop but I am unsure of how many the store are getting. I have not seen anyone else with one but I really don't put much on that... I had a pebble for a while before I saw anyone with one, never saw anyone wearing my sony, one or two people with the gear 1. I do think you have to be more of a techie to even have interest in smartwatches.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
How did you get your hands on one before launch?
It's in stock at all the ATT stores around me, so it could just be that people are more geeky around you than around here - never seen another person wearing a smartwatch around here before, let alone the Gear S.

Tmo has had them on backorder for a while, though. There is another thread about this here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-s/471804-gear-s-t-mobile-backorder-dec-2014-a.html

I purchased mine the day before launch, by simply walking into an AT&T store and asking for one. Several people did on this forum! They did not treat is as a "phone".

But yes, I have not seen anyone wearing on myself. Like I said I checked around and from what I could tell they were all out of stock.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
i agree with you what samsung release to much products and then complain that they don,t sell enough
if you release less phones then i think there wil more people buy p.e. the note 4

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
i agree with you what samsung release to much products and then complain that they don,t sell enough
if you release less phones then i think there wil more people buy p.e. the note 4

Actually, Samsung sold 75 million phones in just the last 3 month quarter (July, Aug., September) which is more than any other OEM, including Apple who sold 38 million during the same time period.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually, Samsung sold 75 million phones in just the last 3 month quarter (July, Aug., September) which is more than any other OEM, including Apple who sold 38 million during the same time period.

i am only responding on primetimelaya
he wrote it and i think only that samsung made to much new releases
it doesn,t make it any easier to wih Phone you want
the note 4 or the note edge

and the samsung gear s they don,t have lot of smartwacth that is truth

i have the note edge and the samsung gear s
but i had first only the note 4 i had bough it just because they where saying the note edge doesn,t come in the Netherlands so i bough the note 4 and gess what he comes to the Netherlands i was very happy but i must buy the note edge if i want to have it and not think to long about it otherwice he is sold out so buy one again a lot of money gone
but ihad done a good deal and saold my note 4 and i had orderd the samsung gear s 3 days ago and have him here
it is a beautyfull watch

tyat is what i mean with samsung just released to much phones etc.
otherwice i haven,t buy 2 Phones in 3 month

i don,t say that they must not do it
and also the note edge look very different with the other samsungs

i didn,t meant it like comment on samsung they make a lot of good phones
i am a samsung fan and stay that

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Samsung faces the bad news: sales of its high-end phones are sliding

What's happening to Samsung? - Android Authority

DailyTech - Report: Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales Have Come in 40% Below Projections

Need I go on?

Too many phones and nothing really unique. They are selling plenty of phones but not nearly the number they should be selling.

How many phones has Apple put out in the last year and how many has Samsung put out?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Samsung faces the bad news: sales of its high-end phones are sliding

What's happening to Samsung? - Android Authority

DailyTech - Report: Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales Have Come in 40% Below Projections

Need I go on?

Too many phones and nothing really unique. They are selling plenty of phones but not nearly the number they should be selling.

How many phones has Apple put out in the last year and how many has Samsung put out?

You needn't go on.

I respect your position. I just happen to disagree.

Last edited:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
i am only responding on primetimelaya
he wrote it and i think only that samsung made to much new releases
it doesn,t make it any easier to wih Phone you want
the note 4 or the note edge

and the samsung gear s they don,t have lot of smartwacth that is truth

i have the note edge and the samsung gear s
but i had first only the note 4 i had bough it just because they where saying the note edge doesn,t come in the Netherlands so i bough the note 4 and gess what he comes to the Netherlands i was very happy but i must buy the note edge if i want to have it and not think to long about it otherwice he is sold out so buy one again a lot of money gone
but ihad done a good deal and saold my note 4 and i had orderd the samsung gear s 3 days ago and have him here
it is a beautyfull watch

tyat is what i mean with samsung just released to much phones etc.
otherwice i haven,t buy 2 Phones in 3 month

i don,t say that they must not do it
and also the note edge look very different with the other samsungs

i didn,t meant it like comment on samsung they make a lot of good phones
i am a samsung fan and stay that

Like you I faced the same the problem. I did not think the Note Edge was going to be available so I purchased the Note 4. However, when it was announced on my carrier as available I decided to also purchase the Note Edge so now I have both.

I much prefer the Note Edge over the 4, but they are both amazing phones. I have owned every Note phone since the original one in 2011. I cannot think of using a smartphone, or a tablet for that matter, without an s-pen.

I use it daily for taking notes in meetings, and sending handwritten notes to my wife and family.

Last edited:

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Like you I faced the same the problem. I did not think the Note Edge was going to be available so I purchased the Note 4. However, when it was announced on my carrier as available I decided to also purchase the Note Edge so now I have both.

I much prefer the Note Edge over the 4, but they are both amazing phones. I have owned every Note phone since the original one in 2011. I cannot think of using a smartphone, or a tablet for that matter, without an s-pen.

I use it daily for taking notes in meetings, and sending handwritten notes to my wife and family.

hello

oke i think there wil be mpre peoplewho did the same thing
only i haven,t gote the first note but the note 2 and note 3 and the note 4 and now the note edge

also had the samsung s4 and s5 but the note edge is for me the big winner
and yes writing insted of typing is fantastic
i have also the tablet 10.5 from samsung is also a super tablet
i want when i am sitting by the tv on ineternet and then the tablet is handy to use
the note is also fine but the tablet is bigger

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok - I have to know how one prefers the Edge over the 4.... I have both as well and after two weeks of futzing with the Edge and not having my s-view case or any other compelling reason to duel wield.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok - I have to know how one prefers the Edge over the 4.... I have both as well and after two weeks of futzing with the Edge and not having my s-view case or any other compelling reason to duel wield.

One thing I like that Samsung did with the Note Edge was to give the device the same top end specs, inside and out, as the Note 4.

As a person who has owned every Note device (including the tablets), I was already sold on purchasing the next one. When they introduced the Edge I was siked because it was so unique and different, and I wouldn't have to sacrifice any of the performance.

Once I purchased it and began using it I was hooked. The ease and accessibility of launching apps on the panel is so nice. I also now have a nice clean home screen not cluttered by apps and widgets.

The night clock feature is incredible and has allowed me to ditch my bedside clock altogether.

Since I don't use cases with my devices that's not a problem for the way I use my phone.

Anyway, I just like it. I still have the Note 4 as a backup in the off chance something happens to the Edge, but it will likely go up for sale soon.

By the way, I also own the Gear S. The two devices together are an amazing combo. I think Samsung really got it right this time around.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I find the edge to be a product that Samsung did because they could, not because there is any need. I originally thought it would have a cool factor, but after using for a few weeks the cool got a bit cold. Given the state of their sales I hope they will recognize that just because you can do something does not mean you necessary should. In any event my ATT edge will sit (retired) next to a S5 that was a stop gap between the N3 and N4. I'm looking forward to the S2, S3, N5 etc... but not the edge 2.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I find the edge to be a product that Samsung did because they could, not because there is any need. I originally thought it would have a cool factor, but after using for a few weeks the cool got a bit cold. Given the state of their sales I hope they will recognize that just because you can do something does not mean you necessary should. In any event my ATT edge will sit (retired) next to a S5 that was a stop gap between the N3 and N4. I'm looking forward to the S2, S3, N5 etc... but not the edge 2.

I have to applaud them for doing something different. If you look at the market right now, all cellphones are basically the same. From what I see, flip phones are about to make a comeback just so people can have something different.

Samsung as well as the rest of the industry need to stop releasing new phones just to be doing something because people are coming close to not caring about the 'next big thing'. I believe the tablet market is facing this now.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I find the edge to be a product that Samsung did because they could, not because there is any need...

This is a strange statement you make.

Every company is in the business of creating needs in the minds of consumers where none currently exist. Companies spend countless hours and money in research and development to create products and services that they hope will catch the attention and spending dollars of the everyday consumer.

I would argue that a vast majority of the products and services you and I use everyday were not developed because of "need" but rather because someone had an idea, a company or investor liked the idea, and a marketing plan was developed to convince John and Jane Q. Public why we "need" this item and should spend our hard earned money to buy it.

No one ever "needed" cable tv yet it exist
No one ever "needed" rotating tooth brushes yet they exist
No one ever "needed" designer jeans but they are everywhere
No one ever "needed" a tablet or a smartphone but they are nice to have.

The point is that successful companies create products and services regardless of the need. They then spend trillions of dollars marketing said product or service to you and I in order to convince us to buy it.

Think about it, do you "need" an S5?

I want to apologize if the tone of my response seems less than respectful. I don't mean it to be.

Samsung as a company appears to have a strategy, since their early days as a fish packing company, to be willing to try new and different things to peak consumer interest. Some of their ideas are a complete flop while others have helped build them into the multi billion dollar company they are today. A company that is involved in a very diverse portfolio of product and services.

I for one can attest that even Gear S is not a needed product. Two years ago I couldn't even think how or why I would want one. However, today I wear it gladly because it comes in handy as I run in the morning and no longer need to carry my phone with me. The Note Edge may not be for everyone, and until they introduced it back in September such a device was never even on my radar as a want or need. Today, I absolutely enjoy using it and it's made my smartphone experience so much nicer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez