Forwarding after updates

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My S5 updated a couple of days ago to Lollipop. After the update ,Gear manager notified me to update it.
Today as I was driving into work I realized that I had left my phone at home. I started to turn around and thought, hey, I have my watch on!!! I looked and sure enough, it was in call forward mode.
I just realized though that I am not getting text and email notifications. I sent an email and text to my phone from my work cell and nothing. I called and that did get forwarded to my watch.
Is there a setting on my watch that I can check or am I dead in the water until I can get to the settings on my phone? If so, what do I check? They have been working fine since the upgrade while it was connected to BT but this is my first time since both updates that I have had it in this mode.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Email and text are forwarded through remote connection. Phone calls are forwarded through your carrier's phone network. If your watch can't be remote connected to the phone for whatever reason (which is an option in Gear Manager you have to enable), you will not receive them. Depending on the firmware of your watch, you may be able to tell if your watch is connected to your phone remotely (in the status screen when you swipe down from top) or in gear only mode. I know the original firmware on Verizon's version of Gear S doesn't show this status. Not sure if newly updated firmware show this or not. Others like AT&T and T-Mobile do show this status.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The odd thing is if I reboot my watch, it gets all of the messages that I have missed but after that, nothing again until I reboot the watch again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch