Samsung Gear Manager will not connect.

EXR32

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

For some reason my Samsung Gear Manager will not move past the "Connecting to Gear" screen. Both devices have been restarted and both are connected to each other via bluetooth. I can even get to the Gear App Store by scrolling to the botton of the Gear S and clicking on "Get More Applications" but that's about all I can get to in regards to the Gear Manager.

The phone is a Samsung Note 3 running the latest update as is the Gear S.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Erin

Screenshot_2015-03-11-14-14-38_resized.png

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I had some kind of error message when I tried to upgrade when not connected to wifi. I suspect the speed just wasn't enough to get the download through. Just thought I would toss that out in case it may have something to do with your issue. On wifi it worked.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So it used to work then stopped? Which carrier devices do you have? I have an ATT Gear S that I use with Tmo, and an unlocked Note 2 I also use with Tmo.

I had the exact same error message when I bought a second Gear, a Gear 1, and tried to connect it to my Note.

I made the mistake to update Gear Mgr, and now can no longer connect my Gear s to my Note without a crazy battery drain on the Gear S. I have to use it in stand-alone mode at the moment.

The thing is, around the same time (Jan/Feb) that I updated my Gear Mgr, there was also a pushed software update for the Gear S and possibly also for Gear manager.
I think what messed up the connection was my update of gear Mgr so the Gear 1 would work, but this is all speculation on my part.

DoWhatIDo

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on Wednesday. Finally noticed that my Gear S randomly turned off bluetooth. Once I turn it back it it connected fine but now if itswitches to remote connect for whatever reason it wont reconnect to bluetooth automatically anymore. I have to manual do it.

EXR32

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, has been working fine since the Gear S came out. My Note 3 is on Verzion and my Gear S is from T-MO.

I've been going back and forth with Samsung on Twitter about it but they don't seem to have a resolution about this issue yet...

EXR32

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Last night, I tried to open up the Gear Manager and was prompted that it needed to do updates.

After both updates the Gear Manager is back to working properly. :)

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
So it used to work then stopped? Which carrier devices do you have? I have an ATT Gear S that I use with Tmo, and an unlocked Note 2 I also use with Tmo.

I had the exact same error message when I bought a second Gear, a Gear 1, and tried to connect it to my Note.

I made the mistake to update Gear Mgr, and now can no longer connect my Gear s to my Note without a crazy battery drain on the Gear S. I have to use it in stand-alone mode at the moment.

The thing is, around the same time (Jan/Feb) that I updated my Gear Mgr, there was also a pushed software update for the Gear S and possibly also for Gear manager.
I think what messed up the connection was my update of gear Mgr so the Gear 1 would work, but this is all speculation on my part.
I got another Gear Manager app update a few days ago. Have you tried updating your app again to see if that helps?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I got another Gear Manager app update a few days ago. Have you tried updating your app again to see if that helps?
Thanks for the follow up.
I haven't deinstalled then reinstalled Gear Mgr yet, but I just installed the updated that was pushed out (thanks for the reminder), and the same thing is happening again: the Gear S gets very hot when connected to my phone and battery drains super fast. At the same time, I noticed that the Note 2 gets very hot as well, and only when connected to the Gear S, not when connected to the Gear 1, so something funky was introduced at some point maybe to my Note (?) and is still ongoing.

I will try deinstall/reinstall...

Haik Kh

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up.
I haven't deinstalled then reinstalled Gear Mgr yet, but I just installed the updated that was pushed out (thanks for the reminder), and the same thing is happening again: the Gear S gets very hot when connected to my phone and battery drains super fast. At the same time, I noticed that the Note 2 gets very hot as well, and only when connected to the Gear S, not when connected to the Gear 1, so something funky was introduced at some point maybe to my Note (?) and is still ongoing.

I will try deinstall/reinstall...

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Its work?becouse i have same problem(
No, it did not, and I tried deinstalling and reinstalling Gear Mgr , then even tried sideloading two older versions of Gear Manager, which would not even work, only forced me to install the darn Gear Mgr update, which again made my Gear S overheat :(

I have to use the Gear S completely stand-alone now.

What kind of phone do you have yours paired with? Mine is the international unlocked Note 2. Have you found a solution since you wrote by any chance? Sorry, just saw your question now.

islandracer

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have this issue still, after working great for a few months mine is now no longer connecting. Been two days now. Reinstalling gear manager or resetting the watch doesn't help. Just circling endlessly on the connecting screen...

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I haven't reset my watch yet (which Gear Mgr is prompting me to do, I say cancel, Gear Mgr shuts down) so I have been using mine in stand-alone mode for months now.

However, I checked out the app in the Galaxy appp store and others are reporting the same issue, still. All you get as an answer is a generic laundry lost of what may impact functionality, like a rooted phone and dev options enabled.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have this issue still, after working great for a few months mine is now no longer connecting. Been two days now. Reinstalling gear manager or resetting the watch doesn't help. Just circling endlessly on the connecting screen...
I might be preaching to the choir but have you tried unpair the watch and phone in Bluetooth before an uninstall/reset combo?
And I know it sound silly to ask but on my AT&T one it sets up a Wi-Fi direct connection (vpn) when freshly set up so you might need Wi-Fi on and check to make sure the old vpn isn't still there in Wi-Fi settings.
And one more thing to try, if you haven't is after uninstall of Gear Manager app go to phone settings, application manager, all and scroll through for anything that says Gear or has the Gear Manager icon and delete its data if it won't uninstall.
Then install the Gear Manager app from the Galaxy apps store, not the Play Store, and let it also reset the watch in the same fresh start.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

SeonKi Jeong

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have same problem with you guys.

One thing what is different, it was working fine on the official ROM for my S4 Active.
However, when I change to deodex ROM to use xposed module, it doesn't work anymore.
Infinitely connecting message is now shown.

By the way, on deodex rom it was connected (because I made a connection before change the ROM) but when I turn off/on the gearS, it can't be connected.
I assumed that all is well working (I mean gear manager itself) but only connection function via the gear manager isn't look working well.
I don't have any technical idea so still I'm trying to find the thread to solve this.

Thank you.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can't use custom ROMs because a lot of Gear Manager stuff require some deep ROM modules Samsung put in there and TouchWiz to work.

jcodde

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have a similar problem I'm using a Custom ROM (Echoe) and installation and usage all work well. The problem I have is I can install any new watch faces or apps without the error message that the phone is not connected to the watch (which it is). Short of a full watch reset (assuming that is possible), I didn't know what to do. Any ideas?