Seriously thinking about this watch. Might need some convincing

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am apprehensive about this watch for two reasons:

1) Size of the watch

2) Price of the watch

I have seen the thread regarding women wearing this watch. I am pleased to see so many women wearing them. My wrist is only six inches.

I am with Verizon and I would probably purchase from Amazon since it is $50 less on contract. The same price as Verizon ($399) off contract.

I am also wondering if you can download Google plus?

I am assuming it works with the S Health app as well?

Can you connect via wifi?

Can you use this device as a Smart Lock device?

Thanks in advance.

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Gear S is definitely not a must have. But a very useful tool for sure. I like the size. S health works great with this device! Yes on the wifi. Smart lock, I'm not sure. Hope this helps, a little. I paid the $350 through Verzion. $5 extra a month for the connection since it can be used as a standalone device.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Gear S is definitely not a must have. But a very useful tool for sure. I like the size. S health works great with this device! Yes on the wifi. Smart lock, I'm not sure. Hope this helps, a little. I paid the $350 through Verzion. $5 extra a month for the connection since it can be used as a standalone device.

If you have a chance, can you check to see if your Gear S shows up as a trusted device on your Smart Lock ... if you use Smart Lock.

Thanks for the feedback.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I don't know what, smart lock is?

It is actually fabulous and the best part of Lollipop. Smart Lock lets you use a bluetooth device, a location or your voice to keep your phone unlocked. I currently use a Gear Fit watch and I use it to keep my phone unlocked. If my watch leaves my phone a few steps or so away from my house, my phone locks. I love it because while the phone is near me I almost never have to unlock it.

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh, sounds great. I never noticed it on my note 4. I'll have to look for it now.

Where is this feature located? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay, set up a pin. Then allowed to turn on smart lock. This is what it said. Don't know if this is what your asking or not?uploadfromtaptalk1435883855536.jpg

Yep, pretty sure it's working correctly. It does detect it. And works correctly with the smart lock feature.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
if your still interested I have an ATT version which carrier doesn't matter if your not going to activate the sim card, I will give it to you for $175 shipped (within the states) its in brand new condition just done have a Sammy phone anymore

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, set up a pin. Then allowed to turn on smart lock. This is what it said. Don't know if this is what your asking or not?View attachment 184737

Yep, pretty sure it's working correctly. It does detect it. And works correctly with the smart lock feature.

Awesome, thank you. You will love Smart Lock. It is very, very handy.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
if your still interested I have an ATT version which carrier doesn't matter if your not going to activate the sim card, I will give it to you for $175 shipped (within the states) its in brand new condition just done have a Sammy phone anymore

Thank you, but I do want to activate it on Verizon.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Auto lock in Gear Manager does the same thing (sans location and voice) and it's one less piece of s/w kept alive in the background using resources (and Wi-Fi/BT).

19225647869_a9bda207a8.jpg

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered this on Verizon 7/1 it should be in later this week. I'm also hoping that it's not way too big. I tend to wear chunky bracelets so maybe I can carry this off. I ordered it in White and I will get the black band also, I think I got a good deal paying $250 on contract $5 dollars a month.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be going into the store and asking Verizon to give me a discount. I think $350 on contract is way too much.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Please post back how it goes.
Thanks
I was able to get a serious discount on mine from AT&T because I was either going to get a Neo or nothing, they were out of Neos and let me have the S for the same price as it since I bought a pair of Circles also (on sale for half price) so I ended up getting the S and Circles for $50 less than the original price of the S itself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Please post back how it goes.
Thanks
I was able to get a serious discount on mine from AT&T because I was either going to get a Neo or nothing, they were out of Neos and let me have the S for the same price as it since I bought a pair of Circles also (on sale for half price) so I ended up getting the S and Circles for $50 less than the original price of the S itself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I will keep you all posted. :)

Jasp615

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been dealing with this Verizon store (private owned) since the day it opened. I know the owner so this may be why I got a good price. I ordered new bands last night before I even decided to keep the watch....LOL I figured that if I didn't like the watch I could sell the bands on ebay. I have also bought my Note 4 from him and I paid nothing other then my trade in of the Samsung Galaxy 3 .I have sent him a ton of business so he always seems to take care of me. Are you all using an ear piece or just talking with the speaker phone when using the phone?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have been dealing with this Verizon store (private owned) since the day it opened. I know the owner so this may be why I got a good price. I ordered new bands last night before I even decided to keep the watch....LOL I figured that if I didn't like the watch I could sell the bands on ebay. I have also bought my Note 4 from him and I paid nothing other then my trade in of the Samsung Galaxy 3 .I have sent him a ton of business so he always seems to take care of me. Are you all using an ear piece or just talking with the speaker phone when using the phone?
I use either a Moto Whisper or my Gear Circles. The only time I've ever used the speaker was when I used the watch to answer a call, thinking it'd answer on my phone, but it answered on the watch and I didn't have an earpiece with me. It sounded good and I don't think they knew I was on speakerphone, or just didn't care, because neither of us had to repeat anything in the conversation.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non