Bluetooth Disconnect

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I have an annoying issue with my S2 and and my new phone.

Unless the Gear app is running on my phone my S2 loses it's bluetooth connection to the phone. So when I turn off my phone and then restart it, unless I actually go to the Gear Manager app and open it then wait 10 seconds or so for the phone and the S2 to connect it will never connect. Also if I kill the Gear App on the phone the S2 and phone will immediately lose it's bluetooth connection.

My previous phone did not have this issue.

Previously I was using a Sony Z3 Compact running 5.1.1.

Now I am using a Xiaomi Mi4c running 5.1.1. as well.

Anyone else having this issue with their phone?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Having this issue since I updated my Nexus 5 to Marshmallow. If my S2 goes out of range of my phone, it will not reconnect unless I "Light" or Factory reset my S2. Samsung posted updates to the Gear app, the Gear Plugin, and the Samsung Accessory Service on October 12, 15, and 16, and still not working. Been nine days of not reconnecting, ridiculous!

Bubbles379

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having bluetooth disconnect issue with my Nexus 5 and Gear S2. If I walk outside of bluetooth connection with my phone I have to reset the watch! I want to track my activities... not lose them.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Also having problems. Today it would not reconnect with a light reset. I cleared data/cache on the app, did another light reset on the watch, and it finally reconnected. I'm really hoping this doesn't become a common occurrence.

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I have solved my problem. It was a security/permissions setting in MiUi. It seems there is a setting that kills all background tasks for all apps after a certain amount of time as well as when the phone was locked. All I had to do was exclude the Gear app and the two Samsung Service apps that get installed when you set up the watch.

Works great now, just like on the Sony.

I am finding out MiUi is very stringent out of the box with permissions. Which is a good thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty