How to tell the difference 3G or Bluetooth?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a brand spankin' new S2 sitting in front of me still sealed in the box. I ordered it from Amazon but before I open the box I was wondering if there's a way to tell if this is for sure the 3G model and not just bluetooth? Model #SM-R7200ZWAXAR is on the bottom. This is the model # from the Samsung site: SM-R7200ZWAXAR so they match but then I found another one on the Samsung site with a model #SM-R7200ZWAXAR.

Looks like you can buy model #SM-R7200ZWAXAR on the Sammy site for $249 but I'm not finding a way to purchase the #SM-R7200ZWAXAR anywhere but VZW. Beginning to think I bought the wrong phone.

I'm confused as all heck.

Thanks!

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a brand spankin' new S2 sitting in front of me still sealed in the box. I ordered it from Amazon but before I open the box I was wondering if there's a way to tell if this is for sure the 3G model and not just bluetooth? Model #SM-R7200ZWAXAR is on the bottom. This is the model # from the Samsung site: SM-R7200ZWAXAR so they match but then I found another one on the Samsung site with a model #SM-R7200ZWAXAR.

Looks like you can buy model #SM-R7200ZWAXAR on the Sammy site for $249 but I'm not finding a way to purchase the #SM-R7200ZWAXAR anywhere but VZW. Beginning to think I bought the wrong phone.

Thanks!

If it's from amazon it is NOT 3g. You can verify this by looking at the watch itself. If it is thick and has a speaker on the LEFT hand side it is a 3g. Anything else it is not.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but I don't want to open the box. If you say Amazon's isn't 3G I'll trust you. Dang it! Trying to buy on the Sammy site clicks me over to the VZW site where it looks like retail @ $349 is my only option correct?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Thanks!

I believe the R730xxxxx are the ones with the 4g. You have R720xxxxxxx.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but I don't want to open the box. If you say Amazon's isn't 3G I'll trust you. Dang it! Trying to buy on the Sammy site clicks me over to the VZW site where it looks like retail @ $349 is my only option correct?

You can do a walk-in and buy from AT&T.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, for sure Amazon only sells the non-3G version. Bummer. The thing is Verizon does charge more up front for the watch, but at least you only pay 5$ per month to have it connected. I have to pay 10$ a month with ATT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo