Alternative to AT&T numbersync?

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have att, but I also use a nexus 6p, so numbersync won't work. Is there an alternative solution? I want to use the same number so when I dial out or reply to a text it shows my main #. Is there a solution or am I stuck? This is the main reason I won't activate my watch on att yet.

bln15

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
You may wan to register and give it a shot...Numbersync works on my Pixel purchased through Google. When you log into your AT&T account does it recognize your device as a 6P? if so good shot it will work.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You may wan to register and give it a shot...Numbersync works on my Pixel purchased through Google. When you log into your AT&T account does it recognize your device as a 6P? if so good shot it will work.

I've tried :\ , it doesn't work. For some reason, ATT doesn't support the nexus 6p at all. I don't want to go down the Google Voice route either, I've been there and it wasn't pretty. My phone # is used for all my business and Google Voice had quirks that quickly made me switch back. A client would hear several rings, then my phone would ring 3 times and go to voicemail. The way it integrated with notifications was ridiculous. I'm sure its a good solution for a lot of people, just not for me.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This may change. I, too, was using the Frontier with the Pixel XL. It set up fine and worked for two weeks (with coincided with the return period). Yesterday it stopped working. I tried everything and spent a couple of hours on the phone with AT&T. The error message that came up when trying to re-sync was that numbersync does not work with phones that do not support HD Voice, which the Pixel does not. When I asked them how it had been working for two weeks they said that the system periodically sweeps through looking at IMEI numbers and will kick it out if the phone is not supported. It took forever to get it working again with my AT&T Samsung S7 Edge. They had to go in and manually change the IMEI in the system to the one for the S7, reboot everything and reconnect. They said it "could" happen again if I tried to use the Pixel. Why numbersync is tied to an HD Voice capable phone is anyone's guess, but be careful.

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use numbersync with my pixel xl and a samsung gear s3. Overtime they put the hd voice on my pixel I stopped being able to make phone calls. How did yu get yours to work?

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
That's the exact problem I am having. As soon as HD voice goes on I lose the ability to make calls. I'm using the gear s3 on wifi and bluetooth now but just discovered that I can only get phone calls through bluetooth, and not wifi. So it becomes no better to me than my LG watch urbane. I really wanted this to work, but sadly I went through two days of not having my phone work.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Google Voice is working well for me. All calls and texts show my GV CID, regardless of where it originated- my watch, tablet, or phone.

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I don't want to use Google Voice and I just put the watch away for return. It does nothing different then my LG watch urbane except answer calls in bluetooth range. If it took the calls in wifi range that would be fine. I wish I knew if ATT was going to start carrying the pixel line and then HD voice could work.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It does nothing different then my LG watch urbane except answer calls in bluetooth range..

It has Samsung Pay, that's different ;-)
The calls over BT are handy too when your phone isn't on you. The s-health is pretty good too if you're into it. No Google speech recognition though and fewer apps (most of which I don't miss, although boarding pass on the watch was great).

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
In the yeah but section I used it with number sync for a few days and it was wonderful to have the LTE and everything working even when I wasn't near my phone. Yesterday I walked form the back of my office to the front. It changed from bluetooth to wifi. I could hear my phone ringing in my office but had no idea who was calling, let alone be able to answer it because it was on wifi. When number sync worked for 3 days I knew exactly who was calling na could answer or not.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody with only one T-Mobile line using Digits? It's suppose to work across carriers. For example, someone with a watch on T-Mobile and a phone on Verizon should be able to use it. But will T-Mobile allow someone who only has a wearable line in the Digits program? And is cross carrier compatibility actually working?

dentalexel

May 14, 2011
Visit site
It's funny. I wore the s3 Frontier with number sync working with my Pixel XL and then all hell broke loose last Thursday and I wa no longer able to make calls. Since I took the HD voice off and Numbersync doesn't work I went back to using my android Wear Lg Watch Urbane. Although it works ok, I really miss having the SA# on to wear. I tried it with Blue tooth and wifi only and it just wasn't the same.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've tried :\ , it doesn't work. For some reason, ATT doesn't support the nexus 6p at all. I don't want to go down the Google Voice route either, I've been there and it wasn't pretty. My phone # is used for all my business and Google Voice had quirks that quickly made me switch back. A client would hear several rings, then my phone would ring 3 times and go to voicemail. The way it integrated with notifications was ridiculous. I'm sure its a good solution for a lot of people, just not for me.

I've been using GV for years. There was those issues at first but it has greatly improved. I now use it alongside Hangouts and it has been pretty close to flawless. If you don't want to go the GV route and can't use NumberSync then your out of options to do what you want. Might as well return it.