bluetooth

rkirshner

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
hello
my gear s3 is connected to my samsung note 5 by bluetooth. . if i use my bluetooth headphones that are paired with the phone is the bluetooth connection between the gear and phone broken
i guess what im asking is , does the use of bluetooth headphones preclude a gear s3 connection to the phone

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
hello
my gear s3 is connected to my samsung note 5 by bluetooth. . if i use my bluetooth headphones that are paired with the phone is the bluetooth connection between the gear and phone broken
i guess what im asking is , does the use of bluetooth headphones preclude a gear s3 connection to the phone

I can't answer this yet because I haven't received my S3 yet. However, you should be able to use both on BT. My experience with an Asus ZenWatch 2 (older tech) allowed me to use them together, which makes sense because if you get a call, you can answer it from either voice or pushing the Bluetooth button. So from that experience it stands to reason this new tech should easily be able to do this as well , and better.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Go into Bluetooth settings on your phone and select the gear wheel next to the watch. You'll see it set for call audio. Then check the settings for your headphones. You'll see it set for Media audio. So you can listen to Media while your watch takes calls. What I'm not clear on is whether your headphones can also be set for call audio at the same time (eg answer on either..I know I can do that in my car for example just not clear on the BT config in that case).

rkirshner

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
thank you . i was under the impression that a bluetooth device could only have one connection at a time .. ill test it out . ill pair the phone with bt headphones then have someone text me . i will see if the message comes up on my gear thanks

May 3, 2015
Visit site
thank you . i was under the impression that a bluetooth device could only have one connection at a time .. ill test it out . ill pair the phone with bt headphones then have someone text me . i will see if the message comes up on my gear thanks

Nah, if it were one you wouldn't be able to wear a watch and headphones or car.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have my phone (Note 5) paired with my S3 and Bluetooth earpiece and they both work just like they're supposed to.

rkirshner

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
thank you .. i just dont know why it works . i really thought it can only pair with one device at a time . maybe its what is meant by smart bt . maybe it will switch when it needs to . ill keep reading about it

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I use mine to control the Pandora music volume/track on my phone using the watch's music player controls. It will also show the artist/track info on the watch from either the streaming service or music saved on the phone. In order to work the headset and the watch have to be bluetooth-connected to the phone at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87