Samsung Pay with Gear S3 and Note 5

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay with my Note 5 for a while now, and just picked up the Gear S3 over the weekend.

I used the Gear S3 for payments twice today, however I did not receive the Samsung Reward Points, nor do the transactions show up in the phone version of the Samsung Pay app on the Note 5.

It appears the Gear App and the Samsung Pay app don't talk to each other regarding individual transactions for the two devices.

I'm guessing I did something wrong when I set up the S3? I did find it odd that I had to re-register the same bank card for the watch when I had been using that card with the phone for months. Should I remove both apps and start over so they talk to each other?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They don't talk to each other. I don't think they're supposed to, which is weird. My watch transactions don't show up, but I still get credited a purchase in reward points. Are you positive you didn't get any points? Sometimes I lose track and think I didn't get any either.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The transaction history for the watch is in the gear app on your phone. But I also get my reward points on the watch and phone Samsung pay purchases in the rewards section of my phone app. Make sure both Samsung pay accounts are under the same Samsung account. If they are, I don't know what your issue could be. Hope you figure it out.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The transaction history for the watch is in the gear app on your phone. But I also get my reward points on the watch and phone Samsung pay purchases in the rewards section of my phone app. Make sure both Samsung pay accounts are under the same Samsung account. If they are, I don't know what your issue could be. Hope you figure it out.

It is counting points, I guess I just lost track. And the transactions are there in the Gear app.

I guess having the separate app for the watch is what allows it to work with non-Samsung phones. Weird, but it works.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It is counting points, I guess I just lost track. And the transactions are there in the Gear app.

I guess having the separate app for the watch is what allows it to work with non-Samsung phones. Weird, but it works.
Yeah, that's what happens to me. Glad it's working.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Yep, I never thought of it that way. You are right though, that's how non Samsung phones would do it. Does it show reward points in the gear app though? Will have to look and see.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I never thought of it that way. You are right though, that's how non Samsung phones would do it. Does it show reward points in the gear app though? Will have to look and see.
Nah it doesn't. I really wish it would at least show the transactions from the watch too in my phone's Samsung Pay app.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't but that makes sense because Samsung Rewards are specifically for Samsung phones. Wouldn't make sense to offer rewards for someone using a different brand of phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana