New to Android phone and need help

ntapia82

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello! I am new to the Android Samsung phone and cannot get my yahoo email account on the phone. I have read some posts on the HTC Hero and have heard that some people have been able to get their email accounts on the phone. Can someone please help me. Also, I have only used my phone to IM and text and the phone has been on since 730am and its 1230 now and it only has 15% battery life. Is this normal?

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
do you have wifi, gps, bluetooth all on, and have you been playing with it nonstop? I know I killed the hero off pretty quick the first day I had it (not that fast though) but now with regular use, it last more than long enough.

also, I only use gmail so I cant help you there.

486sx33

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
the AMOLED screen is also nice because it doesnt sue power for BLACK (no backlight) so the more black you have on the screen the more power you save so if u can change those IM screens to black with white text you could save a little more. The AMOLED is phenomenal with power anyway but if you need to eek out a little more power that could give you a little longer use per charge... turning off the other things mentioned will save you more though so turn off wifi gps and bt while your not using it first!

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I haven't been able to get my Yahoo set up either. I haven't tried the link from ntapia82 yet. With my Hero, all I had to do was enter my Yahoo address and password and it did the rest. So simple.

UPDATE: I've tried the settings in the post from the link ntapia82 gave and it worked right away. @deathdroid, maybe double check you have everything put in correctly.

Last edited:

nettyspre

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
this is how I got my yahoo to work

for your incoming server you need: imap.mail.yahoo.com
and for outgoing server you need:smtp.mail.yahoo.com

and mine works perfectly with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member