quick questions on the Moment

crazzy88ss

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Currently I have my 3rd broken Pre. Sprint is offering me the Moment or the Pixi (lol yea right). At first I wasn't happy with the choice of the Moment (I was leaning more toward the Hero) but after reading some posts on here I think it should be "good enough" for me.

However, I can't seem to find information on two important things.

What is the newest version of Android available on the Moment that is officially supported by Sprint/Samsung? I'm guessing you can hack it and update it to what ever the latest is, but I don't feel like dealing with that stuff.

Second, I hate the long keyboard (one of the reasons I got the Pre was for the small keyboard). Is there a virtual keyboard, and can it go both vertical and horizontal?

Thanks guys.

rounsy22

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
2.1 de03 and yes to the virtual key board. although you will probably over time finding yourself using the slide out key board more and more over time.

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a moment and never used the slide out keyboard. I used swype instead. My moment had horrible issues with airplane mode. So I took it back. Also the hacking community is more active for the hero.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
they offered me the same thing, i took the moment because i wanted to familiarize myself with android so when i get the evo i'm in the know haha. Mine is having problems with the proximity sensor that makes me swear and want to chuck the f*****g thing out the window on the highway. It stops detecting that its pressed against my face and will start opening apps, and typing **** and the whole phone call you hear it beeping and vibrating. took it to sprint and they said it was because the prl update was not the newest, my ass. other than that it is pretty good. snappy enough for me so far battery life seems worse than the pre as well! also i never use the slide out kb i actually hate it coming from the pre, and the vkb seems like it sometimes has trouble due to the lack of multi-touch support so just text a little slower and you will be fine