Screen Orientation

bjf1229

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My "home" screen will not rotate anymore when I rotate the phone. If I take the phone from vertical to horizontal nothing happens until I either open the keyboard or open a application. (I have the settings set to auto orientate)
This worked when I got the phone new, but shortly afterwards I have done something to cause it to stop. Anyone have a solution??

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I would try turning the auto orientate option off then on, then pulling the battery on the phone. If it stops working again, take it back to where you purchased, or go to Sprint tech support.

Good luck!

JMusic

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I see so many people say this, and I kind of think I remember the stock home auto-rotating when I first got my Moment as well, so it pains me to say this...

It never happened. The home screen on the Moment does not auto-rotate.

You can use a home replacement (panda, openhome, GDE, ahome, etc.) to get this ability, but I personally recommend against it as it seems to be at least partially at fault for boot loops (bricked phones).

Obscurum

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
This is also driving me insane. My Samsung Moment Home Screen absolutely did Auto-Orientate. Then about an hour ago it just stopped doing it. I want to know why it stopped.

I have read far to many posts of people swearing that their Moment used to Auto-Rotate and then just stopped for there not to be truth to it.

How many people have had this problem? And if you know how to fix it, how?

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
it used to do something... i recall being able to rotate my screen horizontal and use a full size "on screen keyboard" to use the google bar. also i used to be able to just open my keyboard and the google bar would allready be highlighted ready to type.

i had the moment without the cl14 update and returned it and the new one came with the cl14 update.

could it have something to do with the update?

Last edited:

Obscurum

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
That is weird. Mine doesn't light up the google bar. That sounds pretty convenient.

I think I am going to call Samsung soon, and ask them about the auto rotate. I know mine auto rotated not only when I opened my keyboard, but any time the phone was horizontal, including my home screen.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
ok i just started playing with my phone and i went to the web browser and was able to rotate my screen horizontal and the fullsize on screen keyboard came up. maybe i'm trippin but i thinking the only way for the "home screen" to rotate is to open the key board.

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
maybe i'm trippin but i thinking the only way for the "home screen" to rotate is to open the key board.

I believe this is correct. When messing around with the store display before I ordered mine I remember that the only way to rotate the home screen was to slide out the keyboard. Even my gf thought that was strange. Perhaps this has to do with the 1.5 OS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi