Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Re: Lack of Internal Memory....what to do?

I got the app Link2SD as someone else mentioned on the forum. It has helped tremendously. You have to format an ext4 partition in CWM, then reboot and set the app to link all your existing apps... once you link all your apps and have it set to auto link to sd after install, I keep installing apps and still haven't hit a limit yet.
    Thanked by:
    Vinny Berisha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    I got the app Link2SD as someone else mentioned on the forum. It has helped tremendously. You have to format an ext4 partition in CWM, then reboot and set the app to link all your existing apps... once you link all your apps and have it set to auto link to sd after install, I keep installing apps and still haven't hit a limit yet.
    Agree, I used a different app 'App2SD' so far it has helped a lot, next Android I'll get I'll make sure it has a way bigger internal memory, can't complaint of the Replenish, for the first Android phone in my life it is very friendly to understand, now I am not afraid of buying an expensive Android Like the New Galaxy.....................for first time Android users I recommend the Replenish it's like a Beginners Android phone.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupids that don't ask. Author: Anonymous.

can you give more detailed instructions on how to format the ext4 partition in CWM and linking apps after reboot? Thanks!

My mom's PhoeniX-ROM based Replenish was completely out of memory (with a constant "low memory" warning) which may have caused it to crash and be unbootable. The USB port on my mom's Replenish doesn't work for data transfer so I couldn't implement Firehak's data2sd hack for Phoenix-ROM which apparently moves all data to an EXT4 partion on your SD. (.) So I installed Link2SD for free form the Play Store. I got an 8GB Class-10 SD card, created a 512MB EXT4 partion & 7.5GB FAT32 partition using a free PC program called called Mini Partition Wizard Home Edition. (Of course I copied the stuff on her old 2GB SD card to the FAT32 partion of her new 8GB SD card.) Then I set up Link2SD to use the EXT4 partion and moved most apps to that partion, thereby freeing up about 80MB of "internal" storage. That 80MB number is a bit misleading because there's actually still a few hundred MB available on the SD card too, so I guess that I could probably install many more apps if I linked them to the SD card. My mom's Replenish has 26 downloaded apps in addition to the built-in-ish apps like Maps, Music, Places, etc.) I was worried that some relatively-high-performance media apps (like Sprint TV, YouTube, Winamp, Pandora, Play Music & Groove IP) wouldn't work well from an SD card since SD cards should be slower than internal ROM, but all of those apps work perfectly. (I did overclock to 748MHz so I'm not sure if that made a difference.) For safety I left a few apps, like Titanium Backup & Where's My Droid on the internal memory so that if the SD card fails or is removed, I can still locate and restore the phone. Link2SD has an intuitive interface and is quite nice in its functionality for moving and managing your apps.

One thing that I noticed on my mom's phone was that her POP mail account was taking up 40MB of storage (I guess because of all the email in her inbox and sent mail box.) Apparently POP mail just builds up unless you manually delete it, whereas IMAP mail (like Gmail) caches a limited amount of mail on and off your phone, while keeping the rest on the server. (She has one Gmail account and unfortunately one legacy ISP-based POP mail account that I've been trying to get her to abandon for years, to no avail.)
    Last edited by RazzMaTazz; 11-16-2012 at 02:06 PM.

i see all these post that say if rooted if willing to root root root root
    yes i want to root i been trying to find exactly how to do that for weeks now
    nothing seems to work i tried z4root that did nothing i downloaded titanium*root that didnt work either said i needed root

will someone finnaly cut all the bs and just say ok do this to root and lay it pout here
    im not a stupid person or in no way computer illiterate but this is really pissing me off that with all this searching
    nothing say ok here it is everything says you need root but nothing will actually give ya root least not that i have found

Kimzim8: I followed the instructions at the following link to get rooted and install Phoenix ROM (which supports EXT4 file system typically used for the ***2SD solutions).
    [ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data

ROM
    Stock Rom/DMRLook3.0FB03

Quote Originally Posted by kimzim8 View Post
    i see all these post that say if rooted if willing to root root root root
    yes i want to root i been trying to find exactly how to do that for weeks now
    nothing seems to work i tried z4root that did nothing i downloaded titanium*root that didnt work either said i needed root

will someone finnaly cut all the bs and just say ok do this to root and lay it pout here
    im not a stupid person or in no way computer illiterate but this is really pissing me off that with all this searching
    nothing say ok here it is everything says you need root but nothing will actually give ya root least not that i have found
    Dmrlooks 2 click root, look for the thread

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2

Did You Ever Get Root???

Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    I got the app Link2SD as someone else mentioned on the forum. It has helped tremendously. You have to format an ext4 partition in CWM, then reboot and set the app to link
    all your existing apps... once you link all your apps and have it set to auto link to sd after install, I keep installing apps and still haven't hit a limit yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12