New here. Glad to find you...sound quality question

lrando

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I have had the Strat for a week and overall really like it. However, I have noticed on a few phone calls, that I have difficulty making out what the person is saying. The sound is loud enough, but it's almost like the sound ebbs and flows. I find myself having to concentrate on what they are saying and try to piece the conversation together. Not every call is like this. But enough that it is frustrating. Ideas? Fixes? return? thanks so much for your help!

djphrost1

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I too have had the same problems every now and again. It starts to gain an audible, digital distortion only on a few calls out of a good week or so stretch. For Christmas my wife and I upgraded to the Strat, but I still use my droid 2 in airplane mode too. I only have had this same problem when we both first got the Eris, the droid 2 was fine both rooted and stock. I thought that maybe it was because of rooting way back when KnightCrusader released the rooted custom kernel being new and all, but then it started to happen on my wife's which is stock just in case I mess up or brick mine lol. Ya I would love to figure out what causes it and why it is so random, these would help to prevent it maybe.

lrando

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. thanks for reply. Yes, that's exactly what happens! I couldn't think of how to explain it to the tech @Verizon yesterday. Was near there so figured I'd stop in. I am still in my 14 day period. Of course he said they would need to replicate it, which I understand. But it would take a bunch of calls to get the one that would show them the problem. He did notice a problem w/sim card so gave me a new one. Said that might help, but I doubt it.
Are you liking your phone overall? I am so on the fence. This is my 1st smartphone and I need the physical keyboard. So of course, my options are limited....ahhh to this phone ;)
I love the bigger screen and alot of the stuff you can do w/it. I see what people mean by battery life tho. And I am not what you would call a "heavy user." Mostly calls and texts with some web. I don't really play games or listen to music on it. I only used it a bit over the 1st few hours of today and it's already @ 90%. I have started throwing it on the charger when I am home and not using it. Never did that before! Ugh Decisions decisions. I am afraid if I give it back and go back to my old phone, I'll regret it! :)

MofoMan2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I know if I went back to my old phone, I'd regret it. Bigtime. The Devour was a total POS.

I don't know what's going on with everyone's batteries. I would be able to get through a 14 hour day on the stock battery, and I do even better on my extended battery. Perhaps JuiceDefender is really doing me some good.

About sound quality, it happens with digital cell phones. A lot of things could contribute to it… A poor connection to your tower, a poor connection with the other person's tower, a poor connection between towers, something totally random… It's hard to say, but it's probably not the phone. I had the worst call quality ever on my Devour, the Stratosphere has been a breath of fresh air after that damn thing.

Reactions: lrando

lrando

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess I was spoiled w/my last phone and the reception. Never really had issues.
I am definately warming up to the Strat. As I use it more and get the feel for the slightly off kilter keyboard, I find I am getting good at it. Probably will keep it and hope it all works out!! Thanks for the reply.:)