email questions

maritajan

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Droid user (switched from BB). I have two issues:

1. I really liked the way BB pushed my email to my phone automatically and that I didn't have to 'refresh' to see new emails, like I do with my Stratosphere. Any suggestions?

2. Also, is there an easy way to delete mass emails from my phone, like the "delete prior" option on BB? I don't understand why emails I delete in my account (from my desktop) aren't deleted from my phone as well.

Thanks.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm also new to Droids, and don't do much e-mail on the phone. But regarding question #1, I believe you need to set up the frequency with which the phone checks the e-mail. (It has to go get the mail, it isn't pushed automatically.) In e-mail, select your account (button at top left of screen, or Menu > Accounts). Then, with the right account selected, tap Menu > More > Account settings. Tap Email check frequency and select every 15 min., 30 min., or 1 hour.

WRT #2, it may be that having the phone check the e-mail on a certain frequency will also update deletions you've done from the desktop. But if not, you may have to just check-mark the e-mails you don't want and delete them.:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch