Change Comment System?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
AC, as much as I love reading the articles you guys post, commenting has steadily gotten worse. You are becoming more and more popular, which means more and more commenters. However, your current commenting system is not built to handle this. To reply to a comment, I need to log in first. This involves hitting the log in button, new page, typing in my information, new page, hitting back twice and refresh once so it can register I'm logged in. Then I must click the reply button, which sends me to a brand new page again, type out my response (and about half way through, every time on every computer, on 3 OS's the text box loses focus and space bar starts scrolling me around), hit send, which once again sends me to a brand new page of the article. That is of course assuming I don't get flagged as spam. This problem has also been getting worse. I now get marked as spam about 2 in 3 times, even though my comments are most definitely not. This really needs fixing.

My best suggestion is Disqus. It's a very popular system across multiple blogs. Anyone that has an account to comment on engadget for example can comment at AC with that same account. It should prevent the spam issues for the most part (seriously, Engadget probably has to worry about far more spam than you guys do, and it seems to work for them), it keeps you logged in, and you can make an account in seconds if you have a facebook, twitter, etc account, or you can make an account from scratch. It is exceptionally easy, and miles better than what you guys have now. It used to be tolerable, but you guys have way to many commenters for your current system to bear. That's a good thing, but the comment system needs an upgrade.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Disqus is the way to go here. The commenting system on all of the SPE sites are a joke and the constant spam false positives are driving people away. I've moved to Droid Life for a lot of Android news just for this reason.