Why is mobile version of AC site not showing automatically on your phone web browser

payaxy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I love AC, just one thing that's seriously bugging me. Whenever I go to the site from external link, I would expect that based on my phone web browser's user agent setting (Android), I would get a mobile version of the site. Instead I go to a standard desktop site version. Of course you can switch to mobile version manually, but after loading full desktop version already, it kinda defeats the purpose...

I know that some people prefer full version of the site, but surely this should be based on user agent? You want a full version of sites coming up, set your user agent to desktop browser, for user agent "Android" I would expect a mobile version.

Is there a way to make this happen? Am I missing something? I'm sure hating to be looking at the green android picture slowly loading for 30 sec every time I open a link to AC from Twitter feed while on the go :(

Thanks for any response from AC team.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I totally agree. I posted something in the forums about that. Its annoying when I click on the links from the notification emails when I post on the mobile site. I hope something is done about that. Like other forums do.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I love using the full page/PC site on my phone. I don't use a computer so I like the fact that AC forum give the PC version - instead of the Mobile version.

It seem to load fast for me - whether I'm using 3G or 4G speeds.

payaxy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I love using the full page/PC site on my phone. I don't use a computer so I like the fact that AC forum give the PC version - instead of the Mobile version.

It seem to load fast for me - whether I'm using 3G or 4G speeds.

Sorry but I gotta disagree with you.

1) Not everybody has an option to use 3G or even 4G.
2) As I said, you can modify your user agent string in most browsers to simulate desktop browser, in order to get desktop version of the page (on any web)

Android user agent should give you mobile version of the page (if one is available). I'm glad to hear that AC crew agrees and is working on it.

Once again, long live AC! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87