Official feedback thread for new forum design (beta version)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official feedback thread for new forum design!

Update...
I guess I'm out unless I use the Android app for AC.
Still unable to reply via Chrome or Firefox now.

Edit:
I can reply under Edge.

Last edited:

lucky Ayolo

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

This is our official feedback thread for our new forum design. If you haven't heard of this yet, and would like to help us out by testing the design, please go here for all the details.

For those that are here with the new design activated, we ask that you kindly provide your feedback below.

Thank you in advance for your help, we can't do this without you!!

We appreciate your effort and hard work you put in make this awesome new design work, we are really grateful at least I can now understand what I'm doing and easy surfing with each forum...

Andre Dourado

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

I really love this new forum style. That's more direct and objective. Better layout, more elegant and funny.

G_Unit MVP

Q&A Team
Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

Hi, I clicked on the link to test the design, and now I'm stuck with it, I can't go back to the traditional style. What am I missing?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

One function that I like is that now automatically jumps to the first unread. I was used to using the small icon for that. When it jumps to the first unread though, it cuts right to the text. The Avatar is cut off and you don't see the text bubble, so visually it looks a little strange.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I clicked on the link to test the design, and now I'm stuck with it, I can't go back to the traditional style. What am I missing?

In your account settings, near the bottom, there is a yes/no toggle for "help us test...".

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Sorry G_Unit MVP this isn't directed at you....

Hey forum support!!! Why don't you provide this info for users to get back to the existing design when providing the same to test the new one? C'mon man! It's been asked numerous times already.... Us forum regulars shouldn't have to continue to do it for you! :(

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sorry G_Unit MVP this isn't directed at you....

Hey forum support!!! Why don't you provide this info for users to get back to the existing design when providing the same to test the new one? C'mon man! It's been asked numerous times already.... Us forum regulars shouldn't have to continue to do it for you! :(

Want me to make a video? :)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

One function that I like is that now automatically jumps to the first unread. I was used to using the small icon for that

I didn't need to use the small icon for that, clicking the thread title did it for me previously.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yes, please! Bet you're already making one as we speak.

Please standby, technical difficulties are preventing me from making the video, BUT they should be resolved shortly and I will have the video as soon as I can! :)

HeyCori

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site

Not sure how I like the numbers instead of the generic icons.

2k.PNG

Maybe if the icon was smaller it wouldn't seem so strange. It's slightly distracting to see so many numbers as your scrolling through a forum.

On a slightly unrelated topic, there is still a lot empty distracting empty space. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad if the grid lines came back to help separate forums/topics.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how I like the numbers instead of the generic icons.

View attachment 250896

Maybe if the icon was smaller it wouldn't seem so strange. It's slightly distracting to see so many numbers as your scrolling through a forum.

On a slightly unrelated topic, there is still a lot empty distracting empty space. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad if the grid lines came back to help separate forums/topics.

OR just a tad LESS space on the spacing?

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

In general I like the fonts and dark theme, but seems like a lot of wastes space. Ads eat up too much room on side of forum and spacing is too big.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

How hard would it be to implement spacing like we see in Gmail? Seems like a comfortable (what we have now), cozy, and compact option would satisfy a lot, if not most, of the folks that have commented here.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Clicking on Participated used to show the sub-forum name in which a thread lives. That column is missing. Is that temporary? The sub-forum link is a useful shortcut.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Clicking on Participated used to show the sub-forum name in which a thread lives. That column is missing. Is that temporary? The sub-forum link is a useful shortcut.

100% agree with this, this was useful. I'm also curious how the threads will display there when a new response is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non