Skyrocket: Want to Root in under 10 minutes, this is what I did...

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
(1) Download Samsung Kies [google search] and install it. But don't Open it.
(2) enable "USB DEBUGGING"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
(3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
(4) [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
(5) connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC

Download this file and extract the contents into a fresh folder on your desktop:
DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip

I am on Windows 7, so all I did was run the "RUNME.bat", 5 minutes later after no user intervention, i have a legit rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket.

Notes: I am an amateur myself. I didn't not install any roms, I just wanted root file access. So dont bust up your phone and blame it on me or the creator of the BAT file. If you have any concerns please read through the source very carefully.

Source: [10/Nov][ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v2.0](zergRush Exploit) - xda-developers [created by DooMLoRD]

--Jeffrey

Last edited by a moderator:

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Want to Root in under 10 minutes, this is what I did...

This sucks, I found one that's supposed to work for Mac but I'm horrible when it comes to any kind of terminal use lol. I don't even know where I'm going wrong and I'm following the instructions down to the last word.

Reactions: kylejshook

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I have a question. If I will need to UNoot the skyrocket how would i go about it? I dont want to root without having an ability to reverse the process since it voids the warranty, any suggestions? thank you.

mrpiccolo444

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

It worked for me too... YAY. Now to find a good and stable Ice Cream Sandwich rom for it :-D

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

I've rooted using the method, so I am now rooted and have Superuser.

However, I do not have Clockwork Mod on my phone.

Do I need to do anything special to get CWM Recovery installed, or can I just get it from the Market now?

I've seen some tutorials that teach you how to root and flash CWM using Odin, but I'm already rooted!

Help! Thanks.

noobtesting

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So I get to the point where it says daemon started but then it just sets there. I let it go for about 20 minutes. I tried version 3 & 4 from doomlord. I had unknowns sources and USB debugging. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Ehart100

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Both version 2 (the linked version) and version 4 (the newer version found at the second link in the original post) are corrupt as far as I can tell. I downloaded them multiple times and was never able to open the ZIP file. I tried on two machines (both running Windows 7). I tried several unpackers, and even downloaded WINZIP (which the developer specifically mentions) to no avail.

I would like to hear if others have had better luck.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site

The newest version of SuperOneClick has the zergrush exploit and can root the Skyrocket. It's probably the easiest and quickest way to root this baby.

artyshellz#AC

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Does anybody have a root for this phone that will work if my skyrocket has been upgraded to 4.1.2 jelly bean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress