- 2 Posts
question about S-ON and ROMs
I would like to root a friend's HTC Wildfire, which in the old days required deactivating S-ON feature but now people say it is no longer needed.
For my personal knowledge, how is this possible. I mean as I understand it s-on restrict /system to write permissions only, so how can you install ROMs which need to modify the /system when installing, or how can you obtain root since the "su" binary also needs to be placed into the system partition.
- By dewmik in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 13Last Post: 07-20-2012, 08:16 AM
- By tjontherox in forum HTC HeroReplies: 2Last Post: 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
- By paintdrinkingpete in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
- By techjpo in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2011, 02:57 PM
- By Mysteria in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 7Last Post: 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM