Permissions Issue with Android Lost App

Modify_inc

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to resolve an issue with the Android Lost app, and unfortunately the developer's forum page is closed. I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me troubleshoot.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache and data, but every time I reinstall Android Lost v3.26 on my wife's Google Pixel 3a running Android 12, I get the same following issues:

First, it opens and says Personal Notes, PIN code required. It will only take the old PIN, which I'm curious how it's remembering the old PIN if I have completely uninstalled, deleted its data, rebooted the phone, etc.? (Yes, I removed the Administrator permissions)

After entering the correct PIN, I get a popup, "Use Your Location", which I click OK.

It then instantly pops up the next window:

"Some Permissions are missing. For this app to work as expected you must accept the permissions. Let us go through them one by one."
I click OK. (It does NOT go through or show any permissions for me to select.)

Once again, instantly, another window pops up:

"Not all permissions were accepted. Most likely you have clicked deny and never ask again. To allow permissions you must go to your phone's settings menu and set it manually."
I click OK.

I'm sure part of the issue is with these permissions that need to be allowed, YET, they are not being requested for some reason. I'm assuming it has to do with Android 12, as it worked fine on Android 11. Though, others have stated that it works for them on Android 12, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Since it seems to be a permissions issue, I thought if I root the phone, maybe it would help, yet it is still doing the same thing. I've even went into the phone's settings and allowed all permissions for the app, yet it's still not working.

When I run the troubleshooter from the app, I get the following results:

Test no:12
Testing permissions granted
Missing permissions:
[android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION,
android.permission.READ_CONTACTS,
android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO,
android.permission.CALL_PHONE,
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE,
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE,
android.permission.CAMERA,

Why is it still saying all these permissions are missing, when I have clearly enabled all of them under the app's settings manually. I do not understand why this is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174