Cyanogen Advantage

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I know that Cyanogen 6 is still under works and it's based on Froyo. What I have been looking all over the web for is a list of features Cyanogen has over stock. I searched their site and wiki and these forums, but nothing. I saw the changelog, but that does not have a clear features list obviously.

Can someone please point me to a list of Cyanogen advantages over stock Froyo? I'm trying to figure out if rooting is worth it on my N1.

Thanx in advance.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
from my knowledge it comes down to personal preference which makes it harder to say what is better for most people. They are both created from google's source code so they both start from the same point, one is not based off the other. Cyanogen puts a lot of hard work into creating his roms and has a strong following with themers so that is a bonus right there. he also adds features that stock doesn't offer. stock is good for people who like to use the phone the way they bought it out of the box. cyanogen is for people who like to customize the features and look of their device.

the choice is yours haha

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
@Brett

Thanx for the response. Now when you say "he also adds features that stock doesn't offer", is there a list of these features? That's what I'm looking for to determine if I like those features or not, and thus, root or not.

Thanx again.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Your best bet is to go look at his chabge log. I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure what all of the features are.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
this shows you some new features. I don't think that's a complete list... I think he's only pointing out the stuff that's new to #6 specifically... plus it's a month old. Still cool though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89