Vibrant

OHHitsKB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Let me start off by saying I have never rooted an android phone before. I have unlocked/jailbroken an iPhone. I love my Vibrant, but I prefer a stock Android experience like I'm used to on my G1. I'm not a huge fan of TouchWiz. Can anyone direct me to the things I need to root my Vibrant for the first time and what would be the best ROM to use for stock Froyo? Would CyanogenMod 6 work on the Vibrant? When I unlocked the iPhone, it was simple because all I had to do was download and run the program, and download and restore with the unlocked software. Is it that simple when rooting an Android phone? What software will I need to download? I'm really afraid of bricking my phone, so I want to make sure I get this all right.

fatherofmiles

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Before rooting, you can always try LauncherPro (+ Home Switcher if necessary). That gets rid of TouchWiz with something not quite plain vanilla Android, but I really like the UI. If you want to root, search for Samsung Vibrant Root and you should find instructions. Takes < 5 minutes.

Cheers!