superuser vs. superSU

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i flashed a rom, omni rom, but lost root after. the rom is a "nightly", and uses an over the air update process called opendelta, whereby the nightly update can be done simply by the push of the ok button.

on my sd "card is now a folder called "flashafterupdate". i want to put a superuse zip file in there to re-obtain root after each nightly.

my specific question: what is the difference between the 2 superusers? and if anyone can post a link where i can get the latest zip file, i'd appreciate it. i've downloaded a few, but am a bit unsure.

nexus 7, omni rom is 4.4.2 based.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i flashed a rom, omni rom, but lost root after. the rom is a "nightly", and uses an over the air update process called opendelta, whereby the nightly update can be done simply by the push of the ok button.

on my sd "card is now a folder called "flashafterupdate". i want to put a superuse zip file in there to re-obtain root after each nightly.

my specific question: what is the difference between the 2 superusers? and if anyone can post a link where i can get the latest zip file, i'd appreciate it. i've downloaded a few, but am a bit unsure.

superuser has been abandoned and there wont have any further development/update

superSU is still actively developed and supported

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

I wish I could go into the differences between the different SuperUser apps, but essentially I believe it's just a matter of which developer created it.

I don't know if your ROM dev recommends a certain superuser app over another, but I pretty much use SuperSU exclusively, since it's always worked for me.

Here is the XDA thread for SuperSU: [2013.12.17] SuperSU v1.86 - xda-developers
The download link for the latest version of the ZIP file is included in that thread, which is: SuperSU Download

EDIT: And I guess this is the answer to the first part of your question, thanks to Still1:
superuser has been abandoned and there wont have any further development/update

superSU is still actively developed and supported

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks folks. i did go to the superuser developer's site, and noticed the blog was quite old. you'd think he'd put a note in there that there would be no further updates. i mean the download link still works. it all makes sense now.

hourwatch

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
superuser from ClockworkMod (not from chainsdd) it's actively developed, and it's open source. It's the one included in CyanogenMod.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.superuser&hl=es

From ClockworkMod:

Why another Superuser?
* Superuser should be open source. It's the gateway to root on your device. It must be open for independent security analysis. Obscurity (closed source) is not security.
* Superuser should be NDK buildable. No internal Android references.
* Superuser should also be AOSP buildable for those that want to embed it in their ROM.
* Superuser should also be AOSP embeddable, meaning a ROM can easily embed it into their Settings app.
* Maintenance and updates on both the market and source repositories should be timely.
* If something goes wrong, I can fix it.
* Handle multiuser (4.2+) properly
* Handle concurrent su requests properly

KillyP9

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Whats the difference between CWM superuser and SuperSU?
Is one better than the other? More reliable?
I'm rooting my phone and trying to decide the best option, but there doesn't really seem to be a lot of reasons why someone picks one or the other???? it seems to be just a matter of opinion.
is that the case? opinion?
or is there more to it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87