Android programming

Yin96

May 22, 2015
Visit site
First,Welcome to the developers world.Start with learning the programing languages like Java ,PHP ,HTML,CSS ,C++ and few others.Practice some analytical questions manually.begin with writing simple and easy programs and dry run those .
Now come to the software, download Eclipse and get familiar with the tools.
Don't make haste and move step by step if you really want to get firm in coding .

dsiggames

May 25, 2015
Visit site
If you like to make games and dont like Unity 3d, try GameMaker Studio.

"Old Style" games are simply and fast to make and the scripts are simmilar to C++ code, easy for you.

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to write my first apps using Cordova and, more specifically, IonicFramework.
My former experiences are most based on web applications development (also if I did, in the past, some little works with ObjectiveC). So i feel more comfortable with HTML5/Javascript (AngularJS). And, when I need a server side backend, I can easily use my knowledges with PHP/Python etc.
So, if you don't need to code something strictly concerned with hardware layer, and if it is your intention to develop not only for Android, I suggest you to give it a try.

tuneself

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest to come up with some idea (some simple app as a calculator or stuff like that) and then just implement it using Google's Android dev online resources and StackOverflow. The most effective way I guess.

MunkeeBonez

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Kudos to taking the plunge and learning.

alot of people have given great suggestions already as to how to get started.. Unity is great for game development, as is libgdx.

if its just general android applications you are trying to develop there is a series of youtube tutorials by a fella named travis for "thenewboston" I quite enjoyed, partially because of his low key delivery, if you have done other programming languages the similarity with the java/xml framework of Android development shouldn't be THAT alien to you. take what you hear with a grain of salt, be aware most online tutorials will have some out of date information, as the space moves very very quickly.

the 2 most important things i have learned to do if I get stuck.

1. Search google for what has you stuck, often the question is answered
2. ignore the information you have found on google.

sound contradictory? well I am just illustrating that there is as much good information as there is bad.

-MunkeeBonez

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non