looking for an app idea for my independent study

gbux

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have an independent study opportunity this semester and I really wanna do android development. I talked to my professor and he told me I need to pick a medium difficulty app that can't just be found on the internet on a how to develop in android tutorial. Some ideas that I had are an app that brings together different news articles from blogs and websites centered on gaming news. Another idea would be A checkbook app because I still haven't found one that I like. My third idea is a SMS app that could replace messenger. I'm not sure how solid these ideas are and I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Those all sound like decent ideas. Ask yourself how you'd do things differently from the existing apps that are available now. What do you find lacking in them? And how would you solve it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone else in another thread gave me this idea--it'd be nice to have an app that will tell you which apps currentlly have notifications turned on. This might be helpful if you're getting some unknown notification tone and nothing is showing in the notification bar.

TombFan1996

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
You should definitely look at other applications on the market to see what you find appealing and see what you could do to improve it, this also applies to appearance, people love a nice looking UI, look at applications with a nice UI. hope this helps