Someone pleeeeease help!!!

Daviddc114

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
i have been trying to get this question answered on every forum and nobody knows.... i am kind of a newbie so this may be a dumb question but here it is...

i have rooted my phone, and i did the clockworkmod. i backed up my system, nandroid backup through clockwork, but i NEVER wiped my system and never installed any other roms. it always stayed original. my question is this, if i simply put S back on, and just uninstall visionary and all rooted apps, is my phone back to original, and will a hard reset work if i need to use it? will it put it back to the state it was in when i bought it? since i never wiped the phone, the factory restore should still be in the phone right?

i am asking this because i would like to restore my phone back to when it was new, and i have read if you root the phone and you want to take it out you have to download the original rom and re-install it to the phone or a reset wont work.. but does this just apply to a phone that has been wiped and laded a modded rom, or does it apply to every phone that has been rooted???

Daviddc114

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
no.. but i do know how to unroot, the only thing i am worried about is i am reading that you have to download the mytouch 4g original software and upload it to the phone and flash that rom to put the original unrooted OS on the phone. i am not sure if i need to do this because i never wiped my phones rom, but i did root it.. not sure if i can just unroot and then do a hard reset...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you want the phone back to how it was when purchased you will need to flash the Factory ROM (should be in a form of a RUU) to remove root access. Removing apps that require root access and doing a factory reset won't return the phone to factory settings since you will still have Clockworkmod recovery on the phone and the ability to re-install rooted apps.

Flashing the factory ROM will erase all that and leave no trace of root access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress