Factory reset Vs. Master Reset? Help!

dukejake4

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
With all the battery issues I have been having with my note 4, I have decided to just reset it and start fresh. Which reset should I do considering I have been told to do both? What's the main difference between the two? Thanks!
IRRELEVANT- Also, I have always transferred majority of my "apps to SD card", what will happen with them after the reset or should I transfer them back to get cleaned in case they are the cause of all the problems?

Sent from my Sammy Note 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Master reset and factory reset are the same thing. Have you tried wiping the cache partition first? No personal data will be lost: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

If you do a reset, all of the apps moved to SD will still have the remnants of the apps. When you set the phone up again after the reset, and then install those apps, those remnants might be confusing for the system. I would either move all apps back to phone before resetting, or just manually delete all data on the SD card besides files that you put there yourself (like photos, music, etc.).