Sony's newest addition

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Slightly disappointed that they went Android wear to tell you the truth. The SW2 runs great for me and does everything I need. The SW3 looks a little bland, but its great to see they included a GPS!

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Is SW3 the first Wear watch that has standalone music and GPS functionality? I thought that was a restriction of Android Wear, but apparently it isn't. I'm tempted by the SW3 for it's standalone capability and Wear, but I see more of the newer ones coming with 4GB of storage.

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Is SW3 the first Wear watch that has standalone music and GPS functionality? I thought that was a restriction of Android Wear, but apparently it isn't. I'm tempted by the SW3 for it's standalone capability and Wear, but I see more of the newer ones coming with 4GB of storage.

From looking at the various news articles and youtube, yes it has stand alone use in terms of music. It has a built in music player and the watch comes with 4GB of storage. So if you have a bluetooth headset you can listen to music without having to use your phone. I really want to get one but I have concerns about radiation, firstly from the watch. As bluetooth has to be on all the time, you have constant radiation going through your wrist. More worrying, is wearing a bluetooth headset. Radiation in such close proximity to the brain scares the **** out of me!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The standalone music/bluetooth part will be coming to all android wear devices in a future software update. As for the gps, yes sw3 is first announced with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty