The best small Android phone of 2016?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sony Xperia X Compact hands-on | Android Central

I love smaller phones. I am not quite particular on the screen size inching closer and closer to hybrid size, and I love that Sony is still looking at making phones below 5". The only thing I ma somewhat disappointed in is that Sony doesn't seem to have a market in North America. Now, I get that the North American market isn't the only one, but I think it is fair to say that to ignore it is foolish.I truly hope that Sony starts getting in the black. I have said it before, and I'll keep saying it: I don't want OEMs to fall out of the running. I don't want my future choices of smartphone to be a Samsung or an Apple.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
It could be. It's sad that Sony seems to be alone here. I am curious to how well it will review and of course the U.S. price.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sony Xperia X Compact hands-on | Android Central

I love smaller phones. I am not quite particular on the screen size inching closer and closer to hybrid size, and I love that Sony is still looking at making phones below 5". The only thing I ma somewhat disappointed in is that Sony doesn't seem to have a market in North America. Now, I get that the North American market isn't the only one, but I think it is fair to say that to ignore it is foolish.I truly hope that Sony starts getting in the black. I have said it before, and I'll keep saying it: I don't want OEMs to fall out of the running. I don't want my future choices of smartphone to be a Samsung or an Apple.
I agree big time. Now that I finally purchased a Sony Experia X, I am digging it. What an awesome phone. I'm interested in the compact now. I've ask your question too. Why is Sony not popular in the US? Why are they almost frowned upon by all major US carriers. The only option is to buy unlocked like I did. At times I wonder if I should have gotten the performance but I managed to pick up the X model for $199 brand new. Now knowing this phone I would have paid the new retail of $449 for it. Glad I didn't have to but definitely knowing how underrated it is now, I would have bought it for the higher price. Why is Sony not thought of here in the US like the top three or Four companies?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree big time. Now that I finally purchased a Sony Experia X, I am digging it. What an awesome phone. I'm interested in the compact now. I've ask your question too. Why is Sony not popular in the US? Why are they almost frowned upon by all major US carriers. The only option is to buy unlocked like I did. At times I wonder if I should have gotten the performance but I managed to pick up the X model for $199 brand new. Now knowing this phone I would have paid the new retail of $449 for it. Glad I didn't have to but definitely knowing how underrated it is now, I would have bought it for the higher price. Why is Sony not thought of here in the US like the top three or Four companies?

Another stumble that Sony has, at least from my point of view, is price points. By the time Sony introduces a phone that I am interested in, once I see the price, I'm like, no thanks.

Vlad Cyprus

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Sony is failing miserably in advertising, PR, design and release schedule for their mobile division.
The only explanation that I have for this is that Samsung and apple habe bribed the Sony Mobile CEO to be absolutely useless.

squishymaster

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I really wanted to get the Xperia X Compact, unfortunately it doesn't work on Verizon. Does anyone know of a new android phone that isn't massive? I currently have the Motorola Droid 4 which has a 4" screen and it's about 5" tall and about 2.7" wide and that is good. If it was a little smaller that would be ok with me. However, through Verizon any phone made in the last year or two is like 6+ inches tall and 3+ inches wide. I want a phone not a tablet. Everything small I find is a few years old but I want a new phone because my phone is older so it seems silly to get an old phone. I was hoping to get a quad core close to 4gb of ram like the new massive phones, but maybe that just isn't possible. So any suggestions?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I really wanted to get the Xperia X Compact, unfortunately it doesn't work on Verizon. Does anyone know of a new android phone that isn't massive? I currently have the Motorola Droid 4 which has a 4" screen and it's about 5" tall and about 2.7" wide and that is good. If it was a little smaller that would be ok with me. However, through Verizon any phone made in the last year or two is like 6+ inches tall and 3+ inches wide. I want a phone not a tablet. Everything small I find is a few years old but I want a new phone because my phone is older so it seems silly to get an old phone. I was hoping to get a quad core close to 4gb of ram like the new massive phones, but maybe that just isn't possible. So any suggestions?

Yeah, there's nothing right now really. The Google Pixel (not the XL) is your only choice right now, unless you're willing to go really low and get the Moto g4 play.

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I am from South Africa.
Sony is big here with lots of Sony phones from the budget ones right up to the Sony XZ
But i have to admit the Sony is very much more expensive for what you can get compared to others.

Sony Xperia Xz
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia X Compact
Sony Xperia Z5

There is an excellent Sony repair service also here.
Dont know why they dont promote themselves enough in the US. There could be an agreement between the manufactures that also
could be the issue.
We dont get the Motorola and many of the HTC phones here. We used to but us South Africans are a little weird in some ways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana