Are data speeds for the Z2 capped on Cricket?

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I just switched from T-Mobile unlimited, to Cricket Pro plan, (10gb of high speed)

I just couldn't deal with the loss of service I get with T-Mobile. Where they have it, it's great. But that is quite limited, especially on trips.

With cricket, you are capped to 8mb/s with lte, and 4mb/s on HSPA. The z2 supports all the bands Cricket (AT&T) uses, minus band 29.

I have the lte symbol, but when I run speed test, I never see higher than 4.11 mbps. Any ideas on why this is, or what to do?

Posted via Android Central App

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Any Data Caps are the MAX you will get, but not a Guarantee you will get it! I would have went with a Verizon Prepay Plan, or just forked out the money for a single line Plan with Verizon XLTE... Seen Below, No data cap, and that's only with 2 bars of signal
Screenshot_2014-09-23-10-44-25.jpg

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Any Data Caps are the MAX you will get, but not a Guarantee you will get it! I would have went with a Verizon Prepay Plan, or just forked out the money for a single line Plan with Verizon XLTE... Seen Below, No data cap, and that's only with 2 bars of signal
View attachment 137974

Well I actually called cricket. They reset something on my line and voilà, 8mbps.

Yeah I am not about paying that much. 10 gigabytes at 8 mbps and great coverage is enough for streaming HD videos. If I was going for outright speed, I would have stayed with T-Mobile. Truly the fastest lte currently.

Those were all on T-Mobile.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 34328.jpg
    34328.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya i did a speed test on my sisters phone last night... I was like, Dang, she is always complaining about service being MEH, but when she has service, Dannngggg! lol