Sony xperia z2 update to Android 6

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I think out of all the OEM manufacturers Sony has recently had the best track record of updating their phones especially the Xperia line.

Just look at the original Xperia Z getting Android 5.1.1 considering it came out in January 2013.

Do you think Xperia z2 will get the Marshmallow treatment.

It would be great for us and Sony to keep this support going.

Posted by my Superia z2

Mutley359

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I think out of all the OEM manufacturers Sony has recently had the best track record of updating their phones especially the Xperia line.

Just look at the original Xperia Z getting Android 5.1.1 considering it came out in January 2013.

Do you think Xperia z2 will get the Marshmallow treatment.

It would be great for us and Sony to keep this support going.

Posted by my Superia z2
Hi, I have seen some news reports that say Sony will be putting 6 on the whole z range so fingers crossed.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have seen some news reports that say Sony will be putting 6 on the whole z range so fingers crossed.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

If that is true then Sony would best even the Nexus devices in supporting their devices. I wish they would do it so at least Google can learn that if OEM can extend update support then they should reconsider their 2 year minimum Nexus devices support.

Personally I think that all Android devices even with some having limitations with processing power and memory should have some sort of support for minimum of 3 years (36 months). Microsoft have been able to change their policy from 18 to 36 months when they brought out WP 8 for their Lumia devices, then why not Android.

I think I will lose my loyalty with Sony if they didn't update the z2 to Android 6 Marshmallow. I would consider moving over to a Nexus device in future.

As you said mate fingers crossed

😀

Posted by my Superia z2

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes the z2 is going to get 6.0 update and so it should. Ive owned most of the flagships of 2014 and i think the only 1 that has aged well is the z2 especially with software. Some phones start to bog down with software updates after a couple of years but the z2 has done extremely good. Ive seen the concept program has moved to the z2 also but not in my region (uk). Looking forward to 6.0 on the sonys, especially my z2 i bet it will run fantastic

Posted via the Android Central App

Domestoboto92x

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello - anyone received and applied the 6.0 update? If so, are you experiencing any BT issues? Thanks!!

Hey. I just bought a used Xperia Z2 with Android 6.0.1, and in my use there are NO ISSUES with BT, my Fitbit Charge HR and LG Tonepro work simultaneously with no issues...