New download.

Timo de Haan

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The update in my opinion sucks.

Quite a few changes which annoy the hell out of me already. Therefore I'm searching for a place where can post/mail my complaints about this update, yet I have no succes so far.

Some of the changes:
- Extra unlock screen (so I first have to swipe and then enter my patron)
- Notification screen changed a lot (not so clear anymore imo) and on top of that you have to swipe down a second time to get configurations instead of sideways (got to become a new habit :( )
- New display of open apps, way more unclear.
- When you open chrome browser you will notice you can nowlonger check tabs in the app itself, but is now bound to the button where you usually check all open apps. And this one frustrates me the most, because now you have to close (swipe away) all tabs before you close the chrome app. When you then restart chrome, all your tabs are no longer there. Combined with the new unclear display of open apps you really got to search for your other apps in between all the chrome tabs....

So before downloading, please consider these changes as I'm really pissed about these changes and feel like throwing away my phone and buying an IPhone (and I hate apple, so that says something)....

leeland48

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I know what you mean about the download not impressed. It's funny this software came down the phone last time we had to use the PC if I had read the thoughts I would not have done it :(

Timo de Haan

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
On top of that, you can no longer go to silent mode with the side button and really have to reach all the way to the other side of the screen with your thumb to go in silent mode (for right handed people)

ukratman

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Bluetooth has also changed no more phone visibelty (if that that is spelt right) so bluetooth is always on till you trun it off, so if u have a smartband and you are using it everyone will pick up your phone grrrrrrrr not happy only had the smartband for 2days now i will not use it

Posted via the Android Central App

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Some of the changes:
[...]
- Notification screen changed a lot (not so clear anymore imo) and on top of that you have to swipe down a second time to get configurations instead of sideways (got to become a new habit :(

From the notification screen, tapping or swiping at the top of the screen will open up the Quick Settings page.

You can also get to the quick settings page with a two finger swipe from the top of any page.

Vzzz

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
On top of that, you can no longer go to silent mode with the side button and really have to reach all the way to the other side of the screen with your thumb to go in silent mode (for right handed people)

If you want silence, but are after vibration alerts still, then push the volume button and tap the bell on the pop-up. This will switch to vibrate.

Timo de Haan

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
If you want silence, but are after vibration alerts still, then push the volume button and tap the bell on the pop-up. This will switch to vibrate.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean. I mean that you can't go into silent mode by only pressing the volume button, which was possible before.

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an Xperia system update notification showing now. Going to wait until I get home to download, but not sure what it is. I already have Lollipop 5.0.2 build number 23.1.A.0.690 . I thought 5.0.2 was the most recent system update. Anyone know what I might be downloading?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an Xperia system update notification showing now. Going to wait until I get home to download, but not sure what it is. I already have Lollipop 5.0.2 build number 23.1.A.0.690 . I thought 5.0.2 was the most recent system update. Anyone know what I might be downloading?

It's from Sony. I think it's just optimizing apps but could be wrong

piccadywitch

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded Lollipop last night. I wish I'd read all your comments before I pressed OK. If I wanted a phone that looked like a baby's phone I would have bought a Samsung! No CLEAR button for apps, all sorts of nonsense on the screen and I also have a constant running script down the right side of the screen. It jumps up every 2 seconds as if it's updating or downloading info. Don't know if I've touched something but I can't get rid of it! Any suggestions??

chris377

May 7, 2014
Visit site

I just downloaded it. It is still is 5.0.2 and havent noticed anything new

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Normally the second download is the fix for the previous one. We had it on jellybean as well.
The manufacture recons, you have to load up the first download , then the second one with the fixes will sort it out.....it worked for me

ermitico

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You can change the Chrome tabs in the Chrome settings so that they show up as tabs within Chrome only, and not in the Recent Apps. In settings, turn off "Merge tabs and apps".

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I find Sony's update process interesting, I was offered two different updates hat required the Sony bridge software on a computer but now I'm being offered an OTA. They hold everything until they know its good and then release an OTA?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
This has all got me worried reading all this. Is it worth downloading lollipop then? Will I constantly get promoted to download lollipop if I keep ignoring the notification to download it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty