Sony Xperia Z3 How can I fix my PC connection problem?

karjacha

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I purchased a Z3 and love it But, when I initially connected it to know PC, it worked but looks longer! It charges though. I have tried another lead, another port, a different laptop and uninstalled and then re- installed PC companion but to no avail.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: PC connection

Welcome to Android Central! When you plug the phone in via USB, do you see a USB connection notification in the Notification Bar? If so, swipe it down, tap it, and make sure MTP is selected.

karjacha

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply! No, nothing happens, it starts to charge but nothing else.I have contacted Sony chat who asked me to do a full restore but it's still the same. I have checked Mtp is selected, downloaded Mtp driver but it still won't connect.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You tried a different cable, right? Not sure if that's what you meant by "a different lead."

It's always possible something got damaged in the phone's microUSB port. It may be time to bring the phone to a Sony service center.

karjacha

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

OK, time to own up! I was having another go at sorting out my PC connection and checking all the USB cables for damage etc. I then noticed that Sony USB cable wasn't there. After searching about a bit i found it and connected it to the PC. Hey presto! It connected! Its now syncing quite happily. There is a valuable lesson i have learnt today: Always check your using the right USB cable. Thanks again for all the replies, I will now go onto a dark corner and contemplate my failings!

Posted via the Android Central App

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

OK, time to own up! I was having another go at sorting out my PC connection and checking all the USB cables for damage etc. I then noticed that Sony USB cable wasn't there. After searching about a bit i found it and connected it to the PC. Hey presto! It connected! Its now syncing quite happily. There is a valuable lesson i have learnt today: Always check your using the right USB cable. Thanks again for all the replies, I will now go onto a dark corner and contemplate my failings!

Posted via the Android Central App

Haha glad it's sorted. Not everyone can own up to their daft mistakes so good on you 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87