Will the Sony Xperia Z3 Bend?

greatawesome

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone
so i bought my z3 3 weeks ago and i noticed that the camera of my phone was foggy so i decided to look around the phone .
Shockingly i found that the back cover was out of its place and the phone was slightly bent .
When i went to Sony customer service they claimed that this is a misuse issue
I had an argument with them but had no result .
Did it happen with other Sony Z3 users ?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There were a few isolated cases reported where the owner kept their phone in their pants pocket and sat down. There was the usual forum reaction... how tight are your pants, you should know better etc. etc. As I mentioned though, isolated cases as in 2 or 3 that were reported either here or on XDA, can't remember.

greatawesome

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Charles i dont wear tight jeans i prefer loose jeans .
Also i didnt put the phone in my back pocket .
But what makes me more annoyed
Is the attitude of the emloyees in
Sony mantainence .

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I will be submitting to Sony that the Z3 Bending issue was known by them and that the phone is not fit for purpose under Australian Consumer Protection law. The excuse given by both my retailer and Sony that the phone was abused does not hold water as ALL of the phones bend only in the one direction..... that is they bend upwards i.e. when lying on their back they form an arch. If it was simply a case of people putting them in their pockets and sitting on them then 50% of the bends SHOULD be in the opposite direction this is simply not happening. I have owned Mobile phones of all brands since 1988 and I have never seen anything as bad as this phone, I have never even cracked a screen yet on this Sony I have had one screen replaced and now a second one is cracked due to the bending issue. As for being an isolated issue spare me a quick search on Google will tell you this is a wide spread issue and these phones overheat and bend, they are a faulty product and owners need to be compensated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38