Battery Drain on 1 day old Z3

bradd95x

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys i'm new to this fourm i just signed up moments ago basically in search of some answers, so yesterday i brought a sony experia Z3 based on their battery life, there freedom, the quad core processor etc, basically for the nice design blahdi blah. but battery was the seller for me as it was known as the ''king'' of batterys..

anyway!

When i opened my phone out the box and started it, it had around 40% battery which is fine i understand they all come out the box half way charged. But i stuck the phone on charge around 12am and took it off charge 8am for when i go to work, now throughout my day at work i used the phone to look on social media, send a few texts, i don't game on the phone nor do i watch loads of videos due to only 10GB of data, but from about 8am to 4pm i was left with 2% battery, now before this phone i had an iPhone5 which in all fairness didn't last me the whole day it would last me till around 11am if i was lucky. but i've gone through various options (stamina mode) was already enabled btw, but nothings made much difference, i've turned the brightness down to nearly halfway, i've turned location services to battery efficient but this is my statistic for 100% battery..

So! my phone has been on charged since i got in at 4pm, haven't take it off charge and i don't intend too till the morning, hoping this will sort it by giving it a longer charge. but anway! as it stands at the moment my phone is on 100% battery, the usage i will get from it is saying 3 hours.. right? ridiculous. WITH stamina mode enabled i get 9 hours, now it seems 9 hours isn't that bad but my expectations was somewhere near the 17 hour mark. both of my friends have a Z3 and they get 15+ hours without stamina mode i believe. but if anyone out there could suggest what the problem is. failing that i will return the phone and swap it for the same model. i might of possibly just ended up with a duff battery sadly..

Sorry in advanced for the long thread.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Give the battery some time. When you first turned the device on, there was a lot of background stuff going on with the OS and the Kernel. Basically they were chatting a lot, having a couple cups of coffee, having breakfast, that probably turned into lunch (ok, I'm done..you probably get the idea..lol), and the battery usually needs a few days to find it's groove. Give it until say, Friday. If you are still having issues, by all means ask.

During that time, don't be afraid to use the phone as you normally would. Charge when needed, don't be afraid to charge early. Peek around the forums, say hello here: Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

By all means, create your own hello thread. Say hi to the rest of the community. Check out the lounge, your device forums, the future device forums. You might want to double check the rules: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Biggest things about the rules: Be cool with other users. Opinions will differ, and just let a lot of stuff slide. If you see something that you think isn't cool, on the desktop there is a triangular button that will report that specific post.

Above all else: have fun!!!

bradd95x

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi thank you for the reply, yes i was sure im probably being somewhat inpatient but most people i know who have Z3's are happy as can be instantly due to their battery lifespan is well and beyond what mine is on at the moment, i will most likely try the Dead cycle thing, when i'll let it die completely then charge it full form there, i really hope it fixes the issue cause i love the phone already just the battery is a big big big downside for me at the moment.

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The first day you turn on your new phone, it's probably going to be spending a lot of time downloading your address book, appointments, and anything else that Google thinks should be added to your new phone. So that will probably use up a lot of your battery (and CPU cycles).

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi thank you for the reply, yes i was sure im probably being somewhat inpatient but most people i know who have Z3's are happy as can be instantly due to their battery lifespan is well and beyond what mine is on at the moment, i will most likely try the Dead cycle thing, when i'll let it die completely then charge it full form there, i really hope it fixes the issue cause i love the phone already just the battery is a big big big downside for me at the moment.

Not necessary. Give it a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez