Why do I get Unfortunately [app/process] has stopped but for EVERY app and process?

A

AC Question

I get the "Unfortunately [app/process] has stopped" but for EVERY app and process.

I have a Sony Xperia Z3.
I kept having popups continuously saying that [x] process or [x] app has stopped. These would include Amazon, Kindle, Settings, Google Play, Tinder, etc. I couldn't do much because it would continuously ask me to "OK" things before I could reach the screen.

I thought a factory reset would work and it did to the point that I didn't get any process error messages but now every time I go on an app - it gets the prompt.

The phone was updated to the latest version of Android (a few weeks ago). It started when my phone ran out of battery and I switched it back on again. I can try and get any details but I can't promise them because of it's ability to crash even the settings menu.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: I get the "Unfortunately [app/process] has stopped" but for EVERY app and process.

Maybe using xperiafirm to load a previous version of the firmware may help? Looks like there's a bug causing that...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx