Update to Latest KitKat instead of updating to lollipop?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

Ive had an xperia z1 copact, I loved if and now I would like to get the Z3(or Z5 if $500 or lower by some chance)

But I know lollipop kills the battery on a lot of phones and some people claim it has done so on the Z3 as well.

So my question is, can I update the Z3 to the latest KitKat update it received (fixing bugs and stuff) without going to L?

I would rather keep it at that until they update to M, honestly I don't really see the need for lollipop

Please let me know thanks

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind the latest version of 5.1.1 has eliminated battery issues...works very nicely. Moreover, there have been improvements to the camera image processing, superior auto and manual modes are much improved.

Posted via the Android Central App

Claudia Andrade

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I have the sony xperia z3 (moldel d6603) and I don´t have the lollipop 5.1.1. update yet, I still have the kitkat.
How can I get the update message? I´ve called to the Sony technical support, informed them that my device and Sony PC Companion says I have the latest version, but they say that this update message is under Android´s control not theirs :( I want the lollipop, what´s wrong? My sister has the z1 and has it.
I´m from Lima Peru.
Please let me know what can I do.
thank you.