So the Z3v is supposed to come out tomorrow... who's getting one?

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just curious: Who is planning on picking one up tomorrow?

My Short Story: I am deciding between the Moto X, Sony Xperia Z3v, and the Note 4.

My long story: I preordered the Note 4 (not a Samsung fan, but the $200 best buy promotion makes it a great deal) and it is also scheduled to arrive tomorrow (10/23). In the meantime, for the last week, I have been using a Moto X, and am within my 14 day return policy.

So, my options are:
Keep the Moto X (not likely);
Return the 16gb MotoX and get a 32gb through MotoMaker;
Return the 16gb MotoX and get the Note 4. Return it within another 14days if not happy with it; or
Return the MotoX and get the Xperia Z3v.

Each has their Pros and Cons:
Moto X - seems to run smooth, size is great; but Camera is only fair, Battery is just okay, and moto voice doesnt work like expected.

Note 4 - Top specs, great deal through BestBuy, and the s-pen is cool; but it is big and made by Samsung (con for me).

Xperia Z3v - great format(1080p, battery); PS4 streaming; but not sure of updates or quality.

I am leaning towards just getting the note and returning it if it sucks.

Anyway, What about you? Considering picking up a Z3v?

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was absolutely going to get the Z3, and then the Z3v when things went that way for Verizon. I had even asked for tomorrow off to get one. Then The Droid Turbo leaked, and I've already jumped the Z3v ship. Going to work tomorrow after all. May wait for reviews, but based on specs alone, will probably go with the Droid Turbo. But I WAS going to get the Z3v. Soooooo close.

JetBlk

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was going to until the Z3v came out to be what it was... Now I'm torn between the Nexus 6, Turbo, and Z3v

Posted via Android Central App

PFonte4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I was just in a V store and had my hands on the device and I'm definitely getting one tomorrow. Very good feeling in the hands and the weight is perfect coming from a GS5 and Droid Maxx.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm ditching my LG G3 and picking up the Z3v tomorrow because it's waterproof. I'm looking forward to getting it!

Posted via Android Central App on the Verizon LG G3

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I like to go in the V store as well :)

(sorry, had to be done)

Lol!

I plan on going to the VERIZON store later today to check it out... Went to their website to see what the full price was ($599) and it was the 4th thing on the homepage slide banner. With the lack of reviews and info, it doesn't really seem like Sony or Verizon really wants to promote this phone. I will be surprised if they actually have one on display at the store!

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think this is really an underrated phone. Sure, you can knock Verizon and Sony for the design disparity between the Z3V and the Z3, but when it comes down to the internals, it really isn't all that much of a compromise. My main gripes with other flagships (no SD card, smaller battery, less-than-stellar camera) have mostly been answered when it comes to the Z3V. Not really a fan of Sony's launcher, but that's something that can be changed anyway.

With that all being said, I will likely wait until the Droid Turbo hits stores and then compare the two. I was sold on the new Moto X until that and the Z3V were announced. I can live without the Snapdragon 805 on the Turbo and opt for the other features of the Z3V. It's a good time to have an upgrade awaiting me.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think this is really an underrated phone. Sure, you can knock Verizon and Sony for the design disparity between the Z3V and the Z3, but when it comes down to the internals, it really isn't all that much of a compromise. My main gripes with other flagships (no SD card, smaller battery, less-than-stellar camera) have mostly been answered when it comes to the Z3V.

This is a very good point. These are usually my complaints as well and it seems that the reviews are stuck on the design issues. I likely will have either this or the Note 4 by 4pm today....

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just an update: I stopped by Verizon to check it out.... And brought it home! All I can say is - Amazing!

As someone who hasn't seen a Xperia Z2 or 3, this thing is super fast and soooooooo nice! Everyone at the Verizon store was super excited to see me buy it as they had just had the Sony rep in and were impressed.

Overall the reviews don't seem to do this phone justice - they are too concerned about comparing it to the Z3 and Z2... Go check it out!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3V

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The reviews I saw said the call quality was at best mediocre and a couple reviews said it was terrible. Let us know what your experience is.

I went to the store today and ALMOST brought one home. I was more impressed than I thought I was going to be!

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The reviews I saw said the call quality was at best mediocre and a couple reviews said it was terrible. Let us know what your experience is.

I went to the store today and ALMOST brought one home. I was more impressed than I thought I was going to be!

Sounds fine to me so far. My wife actually commented that it's clearer than the Moto X that I just returned. I will report back as I use it more.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Day One battery life wasn't bad at all! Especially considering the amount of time the phone was awake...

I did notice that using 'speaker voice enhancement' that calls weren't as clear to me, so I turned that back off.

So far, still amazing!

Attachments

• 453.jpg
    453.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 454.jpg
    454.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 29