Does the z5 dual fall under the premium spec?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Premium as in "flagship" or the Z5 Premium with the 4K display?

If it's the former, then yes. The Z5 is considered a flagship device, though it's Sony's late-2015 flagship. If it's the latter, then no. The Z5 Dual has a 1080p IPS display.

The Premium variant would be called "XPERIA Z5 Premium Dual".

Steve Adams

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, The one I am looking at is the 6683 variant. There is not much talk about the dual sim on this forum. Just wondering if anyone has one. I love the dark green color and features it has. I am jumping ship from windows phone to android, WP is SOOOOOOOO far behind and I cannot do what I need to do with one.

I need to take payments from customer via square. Paypal has a version but its much more expensive, and does not work well in Canada, I want to have good home automation control, tied to one system with windows phone, many versions available with android, I want to use wearables, again, One working version (band) with windows, many many versions work with android. I want to use Sirius xm app and good off road mapping, NONE available on windows phone.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure you can run two operating systems. Dual Sims I thought means that two provider both Android

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure you can run two operating systems. Dual Sims I thought means that two provider both Android
A phone with a dual-SIM slot means that you can run 2 separate lines on the same phone, regardless of operator.

It's very useful if you have a personal line and a business line but you don't want to lug an extra phone. Also very useful for travellers who rely on local SIM cards to avoid roaming charges.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
OP, if you get either the Z5 Dual or the Z5 Premium Dual, both should meet your usage needs quite well.

Pretty much every wearable, your home automation stuff, SiriusXM and GPS should work plenty fine on the Z5.

Steve Adams

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know. that's refreshing. The z5 dual will be better for battery life than the higher spec'ed premium as well. I am excited to have some new tech stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana